• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 18, 2024, 06:23:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 47
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 47
Total: 48

Thursday

Started by Ron Sower, April 13, 2023, 09:48:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

Hi gang!...

Yesterday we had our warmest temperature so far this year... And it set a record for the date... I believe it was 99°... I receive my box of plants from the nursery in Florida and got them all distributed into the proper recordings... Mike came by with a bunch of fish for me, including a few different L-numbered plecos that sell for $40-$55 each...

I also shipped out 16 orders...and then we went to Stan's and Barb's for our prime rib Easter dinner...we were supposed to go there on Easter, but Stan was beset with a terrible allergy affliction and had to go to urgent care...his surrounding right eye tissue had become infected and swollen shut...a second trip back to UC yesterday got him some different meds that seemed to have started working better...he was really sensitive to the light...poor guy...hope he's better today...

Stan stared a reef tank several months ago and thru the ups and downs of its startup it's looking pretty good...he has several corals that I helped him get from a friend, 2 cute little clowns and a Cardinal fish...

Pickle ball is a HUGE sport in the 55+ communities throughout the country...we had 2 court in our Florence community, and when I was on the board I went to training programs offered and heard some statistics stating that it was the fastest growing amenity that these communities are adding to their properties...I hopeyou really enjoy the game, Barb...those I see playing it really seem to...

This morning Lucy and I are going to plant some plants in the large pots we have in our front yard now that the drip irrigation system is functioning...and at 1pm a couple is coming over to play cards...so I guess I'd better get busy and pick the orders to ship today...good day, all...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Second try...

It started raining here last night and hasn't stopped yet.  I waded through the "swamp" to give Charlotte her breakfast.  It will be the swamp again for her lunch and dinner.  The poor girl is almost out of her special food for toothless horses.  I had planed on going to the feed store but I just don't want to walk through the "creek" to get in the car and drive thorough this mess.  I'm waiting for tomorrow when the weather clears up and the water has been absorbed into the soil.  She can get by on alfalfa pellets until tomorrow.  Some people with toothless horses feed alfalfa pellets along.

All I'm doing today is piddling around.  I sure would love to scoot out to the garden and check on the stuff I planted yesterday.  If it ever quits raining for a bit, I'll sneak out and take a peak.  Looking at my garden always makes me smile.  My 'mater plants had flowers in them yesterday.

As you know I'll miss out on the magnificent blueberry crop I had due to the freeze.  I'll get a few here and there from the last bit of flowering it did after the freeze.  My blackberry crop will be outstanding.  They're not as good as blackberries, but they're good.  I think it's cool that the blackberries survive along the fence line and produce tasty berries without me having to lift a finger to help them.

That's all my excitement.  I'll pop in later to see what Barb and Willie have going on.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi Ron and Liz!  Hope your nrain ends soon Liz, sounds very soupy.  Ron, I will let you know how pickle ball goes for me. My only concern is falling on my new hip and dislocating it.  I have 3 more months to go until the Dr. says I am all healed and risk of popping it apart go way down.  It has been my big fear, I saw my neighbor do it and her screaming was while we waited for an ambulance. 

The weather today has been the best so far this year.  Blue sky, sunny, no wind, pleasant temp of about 78.  Wish the next several months would be just like today.I have been meaning to tell you all I still have not seen the baby turtle I put in my pond last summer.  But I think it may be in there, hiding in the many rocks around the edge of the pond, partly in water.  Will let you know if I see it.

Barb

Ron Sower

Soooo....we got the plants in the pots, but noticed a lot of water seeping up from the ground right by the foundation slab...sent my buddy a note to see if he'd check it out for me...turns out it wasn't where he did the work 2 weeks ago, but he fixed it for me, gratis...

Well...finally pulled the trigger...we're not making enough money for the time and effort I've been putting into the online aquatic plant business, and my partner agrees with me...so we're going to dissolve the company...I think I've got a fellow who will buy the inventory we have at the moment, maybe the website too...!

Our warm weather is going to cool down to 75 tomorrow and back to the 80s thru the 27th...I'm going to do some outside stuff tomorrow...

Hope you all have a good night...and Barb, just be careful playing pickle ball, please...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron