• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 18, 2024, 05:55:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 47
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 39
Total: 39

Tuesday afternoon

Started by Barb, March 29, 2022, 02:53:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Good afternoon my friends.  It is sunny but cold.  Last 2 nights about 30 and tonight all the way up to 36.  But then it will finally warm up.  Don't need to bother you with complaining about my gardens, but you can guess what they look like after freezes lately.  Not good.

But I am well, my mom is getting used to her new home, in a permanent room with a room mate, and is well cared for.  Way better than I could have done with a daily trip to her apt.  She need a lot of care now.  Her eyesight is almost gone I fear.  But they will look after her.

Hope you all are well, check in and say hi!
Barb

wsantia1

Hi Barb and everyone. Barb I am happy to hear that your mom is being well taken cared of. I'm sure that you feel better knowing that she has around the clock care.  |^| |^| |^| I have basically the same weather as you except we were at 25 degrees this morning. It was 35 degrees in Anchorage around the same time. We will now warm up into the mid 70s by Thursday but it will rain most of the day.

It's been a slow day around here for me. My allergies have been bothering me a lot, probably from that wind blowing everything around and Kobe is having one of his stomach days. He's coming around now but all he wants to eat is his treats and I won't give him too many of those.

Have a good evening everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Afternoon Barb, Willie and Ron later.  It's been a hard day but a good day today.  I went to Ellisville to the feed store for a sack of dog food and a bag of shavings so I could clean and re-bed the chicken house.  Then I saw the flower and vegetable plants.  I wouldn't allow myself to look at the beautiful flowers.  I'll settle for what comes up on it's own this year.  I wanted veggies!  I'm not planting a whole lot this year.  I just don't have it in me.  I bought their last Celebrity Tomato (I want one more), a Poblano pepper, a Sweet pepper, and a squash that I'll share with the snots.

Then, of course I needed to turn the beds and pull the weeds that I'd been neglectful of pulling during the cold months.  It wasn't as easy as it would have been last year.  I got the plants in.  I didn't have the strength to haul in oak leaves and shavings mixed with chicken litter to mulch them with, though. 

Tomorrow I'll go to Hattiesburg with a bunch of fish for Ken and Twee.  It is also supposed to rain which we need.  I should be able to take a day off from doing anything except delivering fish.  Thursday I need to make myself tackle the chicken house.  l bet it will take 2 days.

Then I have a fish room project that I must do that will involve a ladder and bending.  I need to take the load off one air pump that is on the verge of it's limit to one that has capacity to spare.  It will involve ladder work and bending.  It's just PVC re-routing but since it's air supply to the tanks I must be certain of the easiest and best way.  I'll like it when I get it done.  I hate relying on small pumps.
Always move forward. Never look back.