• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 12:19:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 526
Total: 526

Sunday Morn'n coffee

Started by Mugwump, May 27, 2018, 05:52:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...good morning... :D.....the coffee's great !..... |^|

...another hot and humid day for us here......mid 90's, or so......still better than what Liz and '8' will see...nasty storms down that way....

...be careful, Liz.....'8'......we'll be thinking of you both....

.....a lazy day here.....period

more coffee..........brb
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I know that all around me it will be bad but right where I am we're supposed to have isolated storms but not a huge amount or rain accumulation.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 27, 2018, 06:27:31 AM
I know that all around me it will be bad but right where I am we're supposed to have isolated storms but not a huge amount or rain accumulation.

.....that storm is ugly on radar.............. wfwf
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Good morning all. Coffee was great once again. It is a steam bath in the DC area. The dew point is 71 and the humidity is at 83 percent. Showers and T-Storms in the forecast but it won't be a total washout.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on May 27, 2018, 08:04:47 AM
Good morning all. Coffee was great once again. It is a steam bath in the DC area. The dew point is 71 and the humidity is at 83 percent. Showers and T-Storms in the forecast but it won't be a total washout.

...expect more moving your way too......it's a steam bath here too.......but no rain expected til midweek..... huh
Jon

LizStreithorst

I'm not afraid of weather.  This thing will spawn tornadoes.  I believe that we will get tornadoes but not a ton of rain.  I don't care if I get sucked up by a tornado.  It would be one hell of a last wild ride ;)

I texted my vet this morning around 6.  I know that he's an early getter-upper.  I ask if he had received my pic of Chole's eye.  He called me right back and said that he got it and showed it to his wife but then he got another call and had to go of and save the life of a horse.  By the time he got home it was too late to call me.  He told me to take her to his house so I drove out to Covington county where he and his wife live.

He checked the eye and we agreed the suture that held the eyelid margin together had failed.  There are two other sutures that are holding well an that the rest of the incision seems to be healing well.  We agreed that there was no irritation to the eye itself.  We both thought that everything would be fine without having to do another surgery, at least that it what we both think and hope.  He gave me an eye ointment to use 3 times a day and to watch the eye and if I saw cloudiness or signs that the eye itself is being irritated to take her to the hospital.  She will go in a week from tomorrow for removal of the other 2 sutures anyway.  If they think then that it needs another surgery we will do it.

I love my vet.  I am the luckiest person in the world.  He will come to my rescue for any animal emergencies at any time.  He considers himself to be always on call.  He is the last of a very special breed of veterinarians.

Quote from: Mugwump on May 27, 2018, 06:54:31 AM

Ron Sower

...Liz, I hope Chloe is good to go very soon...

...weather here is sunny, and should hit low 90s today...no sign of rain for at least a week...monsoons should be hitting next month...

...going to head out to brunch with our real estate agent this morning... |eat|

....after that we'll start one or two projects...not sure which ones yet...probably at least the barn door.... ;)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 27, 2018, 10:22:34 AM
I'm not afraid of weather.  This thing will spawn tornadoes.  I believe that we will get tornadoes but not a ton of rain.  I don't care if I get sucked up by a tornado.  It would be one hell of a last wild ride ;)

I texted my vet this morning around 6.  I know that he's an early getter-upper.  I ask if he had received my pic of Chole's eye.  He called me right back and said that he got it and showed it to his wife but then he got another call and had to go of and save the life of a horse.  By the time he got home it was too late to call me.  He told me to take her to his house so I drove out to Covington county where he and his wife live.

He checked the eye and we agreed the suture that held the eyelid margin together had failed.  There are two other sutures that are holding well an that the rest of the incision seems to be healing well.  We agreed that there was no irritation to the eye itself.  We both thought that everything would be fine without having to do another surgery, at least that it what we both think and hope.  He gave me an eye ointment to use 3 times a day and to watch the eye and if I saw cloudiness or signs that the eye itself is being irritated to take her to the hospital.  She will go in a week from tomorrow for removal of the other 2 sutures anyway.  If they think then that it needs another surgery we will do it.

I love my vet.  I am the luckiest person in the world.  He will come to my rescue for any animal emergencies at any time.  He considers himself to be always on call.  He is the last of a very special breed of veterinarians.

Quote from: Mugwump on May 27, 2018, 06:54:31 AM

...our old country vet passed on a few years back....his asst/partner took over...but she left last year.....now all we have are the 'let's run lotsa tests younger vets'.....all they want is the $$$'s.....there are a couple decent ones tho..... |^|....thank Heavens....
Jon

Ron Sower

...our old country vet passed on a few years back....his asst/partner took over...but she left last year.....now all we have are the 'let's run lotsa tests younger vets'.....all they want is the $$$'s.....there are a couple decent ones tho..... |^|....thank Heavens....

...I'm seeing that with the medical people in our own health care "system" for humans...It's taking way to many visits to get something as simple as a cortisone shot in the knee...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

The human doctors are almost all that way.  It's not why they got into medicine.  They studied medicine to they could help people.  It's the fault of the medical system.  JMPO