• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 07, 2024, 04:02:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,330
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 418
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 418
Total: 418

clownfish spawning

Started by sschind, January 11, 2014, 12:23:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sschind

They are not mine and I don't have any pictures but I got to see the neatest thing yesterday.  I stopped by Ken's Animal House in Lake Geneva yesterday and his pair of percula clowns had another spawn.  I'd seen eggs a few times but this was the first time I ever saw them in the wiggler stage.  well, they were probably a day away from wiggler stage but I could definitely see the eyes.  If it wasn't such a PITA to raise the live foods for these guys I might try to but the entire setup from him but I just don't have the patience.

I knew a girl in Genoa City who used to raise ocellaris clowns and she said it was a lot of work.  It might be worth it for percs though.
Steve Schindler

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's snobbery and one-upmanship. People trying to pretend they're superior. Makes it so much harder for those of us who really are.

HB

Mugwump

Very nice...how big are the spawns??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BillT

I have sold rotifers to some local people who had clownfish to raise.
If your set-up to do it rotifers aren't that difficult.