• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 11:52:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 540
Total: 541

Young keepers starting to pair

Started by LizStreithorst, July 25, 2014, 01:42:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Remember the spawn of only 30 from a hb pair that all but 2 or 3 turned, that I killed off all but 5 by forgetting to add dechlorinator to the water when I moved them?  Well, I saved them and put them in a tank with some hb pearl scales from another spawn.

I knew that they were getting close to being the right age to get in the mood.  Two are in the mood and laying today!  The male is  from the spawn from which only 5 survived.   I'm not sure about the female.  Mug won't be pleased.  They are both pearl scales.  I'm going to pull them and give them a breeding tank and see what happens.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Yikes !!!! spreading the pearlscale plague....*groan*.....LOL...just kid'n....good luck with em  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

Pearlscale has it's place. I like the pearlscale plats.  The pb zebra pearl is a stunning fish.
Good luck with the spawn Liz.
Scott

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Mugwump on July 25, 2014, 01:51:56 PM
Yikes !!!! spreading the pearlscale plague....*groan*.....LOL...just kid'n....good luck with em  ;D

I will do it and see my results.  Please call it something that does not have the word "plague" attached to it.  I have gone to great lengths to make sure that I am not a spreader of plague.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 25, 2014, 06:48:21 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on July 25, 2014, 01:51:56 PM

I will do it and see my results.  Please call it something that does not have the word "plague" attached to it.  I have gone to great lengths to make sure that I am not a spreader of plague.

How about the pearlscale curse???... ;D...or...'that pearlscale thingamabob'  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Shipping is cursed.  I don't want that word associated with the gene I'm fond of.  How about "that abomination"  or the aboniinable pearl scale?

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 25, 2014, 07:59:24 PM
Shipping is cursed.  I don't want that word associated with the gene I'm fond of.  How about "that abomination"  or the aboniinable pearl scale?

naw...I'm starting to like 'that pearlscale thingamabob'  ;D
Jon