• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 01:04:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,352
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 872
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 852
Total: 853

I need to have my head examined

Started by LizStreithorst, March 31, 2015, 04:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

But I will settle for having my eyes examined ;)  I tried to do it Saturday but the Dr. was not in and I wasn't in the mood for all that traffic in Hattiesburg.  Seems that I've become a country girl in the past 7 years.  I don't have much on the book for tomorrow.  I may drive to Laurel and have it done.  My prescription is only for my far seeing for which I'm short sighted and it's 9 years old!  I use crap glasses to see close to read and groom.  I imagine I need need a middle range too, but I think that adapting to 3 kinds of glasses in one will be over my head :-[
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I'll get bifocals so I can see far and see close.   I'll  muddle through with the medium length seeing.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 31, 2015, 04:39:54 PM
I'll get bifocals so I can see far and see close.   I'll  muddle through with the medium length seeing.

Jan and I, have bifocal glasses....really nice....Jan's not real used to them yet tho...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

GraphicGr8s

I had those progressive lenses. Seems I don't like progressives.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

Ron Sower

I've had progressives for over 25 years. Keep an open mind and adjust to them and they are extremely easy to use. I like them very much.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I donno about that, Ron.  I was told I needed bifocals years and years ago.  Like 15 years ago.  I did as they said and I hated them.  I replaced them with see far glasses instead.  I could see well enough to read.  I've been able to see well enough to groom dogs until late last year when I put on the Dollar Store garbage see close glasses to read and groom.   I think I don't adapt well to what they say is necessary until I feel the need for it.   I''ll go for normal bifocals  this time.  I can get the ones like you have later if I become dissatisfied.

Ron Sower

I've been told by several people that have started with bifocals, and optometrists, both, that starting that way is a VERY hard way to get used to the progressives. With progressives you learn to automatically position your head to see the different distances. With bifocals it's either close or far. With progressives you get the ''in-betweens'' in focus easily.

I wish you success with whichever way you go, dear lady!  :)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

I have only had progressives and they have always worked well for me. ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Liz, I have had the no line or progressives, for at least 20 years.  They work great and took me just a couple days to get used to.  Easy peasy, as you say.
Barb

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: Ron Sower on March 31, 2015, 11:02:19 PM
I've had progressives for over 25 years. Keep an open mind and adjust to them and they are extremely easy to use. I like them very much.

I tried. For months. But my eyes have changed again. So when I get time back for a checkup. And to think I set type and create graphics all day.
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.

PaulineMi

I've had three progressive prescriptions over the years. The first pair were great, the second pair just weren't right for some reason, the pair I have now are fine. However at home I don't wear my glasses. I have a variety of the "Walmart" readers all over the house... :o

Liz, you'll do what you have to do when you feel good and ready. My husband is the same way.  ;)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: PaulineMi on April 01, 2015, 10:38:04 AM
I have a variety of the "Walmart" readers all over the house... :o

To that I can relate!  :)