• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 12:56:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 615
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 559
Total: 560

Back from Bloomington

Started by Mugwump, December 28, 2013, 02:48:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

A couple hours down, and a hour 40 mins back...LOL. We dropped off some fry for Lynn a lady from St Louis....then ate some BBQ....burped, saddled up and came home.. ;D...roadies can be fun.. ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ilroost

Sorry i couldn't meet you this time. But i should be at the next swap

Mugwump

That's cool, we'll hook up then......it wasn't a bad trip at all...we're about a mile+ from 88....popped on, and ran to 39 for a straight run to Bloomington....we did miss the Veterans Park turn off to 9..but only by a mile or so...LOL...turned around and drove right back to it and we were there.. ;D...coming home, I just set the cruise, and let the 5.7 Vortex run, :o....it's like riding in your front room, sitting on your couch.... ;D I'm starting to really, really like this old Tahoe..yep.

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

lanieree

Once you get spoiled to a tahoe...you'll never want anything else!!  I have an old 01 and it has well over 200k miles on it now and still purrs like a happy kitty! LOL!   NOT TO MENTION, THEY ARE PERFECT FOR HAULIN FISH TANKS!. :)  LOL!

Mugwump

Quote from: lanieree on December 29, 2013, 08:46:44 AM
Once you get spoiled to a tahoe...you'll never want anything else!!  I have an old 01 and it has well over 200k miles on it now and still purrs like a happy kitty! LOL!   NOT TO MENTION, THEY ARE PERFECT FOR HAULIN FISH TANKS!. :)  LOL!

LOL..yep, I saw yours at the last QC swap...ours is a '04...about 170K....and your right, they are great for hauling....I may even look for a small trailer....it has the 'tow' package too ;D
Jon

P4Angels2

Ok Jon we will meet you half way for a fry delivery, BBQ and some burping!

Say on Tuesday works for us ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D

Mugwump

Quote from: P4Angels2 on December 29, 2013, 01:29:17 PM
Ok Jon we will meet you half way for a fry delivery, BBQ and some burping!

Say on Tuesday works for us ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D

LOL...like where????...Denver??
Jon

P4Angels

ROAD TRIP.....  1/2 way would be Dickson, ND that would be 890 miles about 12 hours of drive time for you  and  1,148 miles about 16 hours and 20 min.... Tuesday? ??? ??   LOL
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

Mugwump

Quote from: P4Angels on December 29, 2013, 03:51:23 PM
ROAD TRIP.....  1/2 way would be Dickson, ND that would be 890 miles about 12 hours of drive time for you  and  1,148 miles about 16 hours and 20 min.... Tuesday? ??? ??   LOL

LOL...Probably not.. ;D
Jon

LynnB

Hi Jon - Thank you for doing this. The Angels and the Plecos are all doing great. My goal for this weekend is to figure out the camera and get some pictures posted.  Glad you liked the BBQ! I missed the same turn you did and had to turn up the outer road. Great minds think alike   ;D

Mugwump

Hi Lynn....I'm glad to hear that they're doing well.....just had another spawn go free swim last night. ;D....hoping for a few more Leopards this time around...
Jon