• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 22, 2024, 11:03:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,365
  • Total Topics: 18,546
  • Online today: 848
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 756
Total: 756

Balmy weather

Started by Mugwump, January 07, 2014, 05:55:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..shoot it's in the minus teens.. ;D....good day to cut the grass....more coffee....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

It's 11 below with 30-40 below wind chills here.  Friday a mix of snow and rain on top of this 16 inches of snow.  Should make for some lovely hard packed ice.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

wsantia1

At least I have not snow drifts to clear today.  I guess that snow must have gotten very hard.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

b125killer

I don't like all this cold. It made it hard to go back to work. At least I got to park my car inside last night.
Scott

LizStreithorst

It got down to 14 here, 6 with the wind chill.  They set a record in Hattiesburg, 20 miles away, but I remember it getting down to 12 here many many years ago when we had a poorly insulated house and only wood heat.  We survived it with out incident then and it seems that I've survived it this time.  I did as Barb suggested and threw on a 3 legged Pit Bull.  What with me sleeping on a sofa in the fish room with her and the 5 little ones I couldn't move, but I was warm.

Now to see if my old mostly faithful diesel van will crank.  I have one whole dog at work today.  When I drove into the shop yesterday afternoon to leave a faucet dripping, Ellisville was like a ghost town.  Everyone who could hibernate was hibernating.

It won't get above freezing today, but the low is only to be 20 tonight.  They say that by the end of the week our highs will be in the 60's.  This is some crazy shit.
Always move forward. Never look back.

PaulineMi

Geez Liz that kind of weather must be really hard on many levels for "all y'all" down there. Those temps are even tough up here in the north.

You doubled up on the three dog night....you had a six dog night.  Cozy for all of you.  :)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on January 07, 2014, 08:54:56 AM
Geez Liz that kind of weather must be really hard on many levels for "all y'all" down there. Those temps are even tough up here in the north.

You doubled up on the three dog night....you had a six dog night.  Cozy for all of you.  :)

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

I just knew THAT would go THERE.   Lol.