• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 12, 2024, 04:43:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 662
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 557
Total: 557

Friday's coffee, yup....

Started by Mugwump, April 03, 2015, 07:08:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...and it's really good....slept in a bit  ;D...felt good, just rolled over and said screw it...ZZZZzzzzzzz
...but we're up and going now....well almost, a few more relaxing cups and then I'll get going..
much cooler today...mid 40's..then mid 20's tonight....but then warming up to the 50's....

I need to grab a five iron and start loosening up the muscles...#1 son, Mike, asked me to play in a spring scramble in a couple weeks....fun events... ;D....maybe I'll hit a bucket of balls over at the range...??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Speaking of golf....the PGA tournament is going to be here in a week, I think. It's at a newer course in Tacoma where they filled in an old area by a part of the Puget Sound (funny, I still can't hear it when I go there..!  :o) I don't follow golf too much at all, but I do know that some people are renting out their houses for $10k to $20K per week while it's going on.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

What tournament?....Men's or Ladies?.....and I started this thread in April... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Hmmmm! So you did! I don't know how I got onto it!! ??? ??? ???

PGA at Chambers Bay in Tacoma.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on June 12, 2015, 12:22:50 PM
Hmmmm! So you did! I don't know how I got onto it!! ??? ??? ???

PGA at Chambers Bay in Tacoma.

Me neither.. ;D...you likely hadn't read it before that's all.... ???
Jon

BallAquatics

;D ;D ;D  Sherman set the way-back machine to April 03   ;D ;D ;D

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on June 12, 2015, 04:12:21 PM

Dennis

LOL.....+1
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: BallAquatics on June 12, 2015, 04:12:21 PM

Dennis

That's one of the few cartoons I really liked!

We had a DJ back in Roanoke on the hot rocknroll channel WROV, that had an "All-Gone Machine". In the mornings while kids were getting ready for school he would call a kid up and get a name from them of someone to put in the All-Gone Machine (it was usually a teacher's name). Then he would turn on the "machine", "throw" in the person and you'd hear this awful grinding noise, maybe like
a full garbage disposal,  and at the end when I got quiet, a voice would say "All Goooonnnnnne!"

Boy! That was using the Way-Way-Way-Back Machine to pull that one up!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Changing the subject...

Another great day here.  A full day of dogs, a little rain but no gully washer, the Zebra HBXBlue silver pair spawned again (I have a cage over the cone this time), and the carpenters finished up.  It cost more than I had hoped but not so much to put me in shock.  I can still afford a car port if he does it with gravel rather than pouring a slab which is fine with me.  All I want to for Charlotte and The Beast to be protected from the elements.  I just called my tree guy and asked him to stop by at his convenience and give me an estimate on taking the 3 trees down that will have to be removed.  I don't think that he'll need the big truck with the bucket for these.  If not it should just be a few hundred dollars.  I hate having to spend up all the money I got from the land sale, but I'm not squandering it.  I'm fixing things that had to be fixed and making my place better.

Now for some squandering :-[  Go here:  http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?120117-First-DXcus-Discus-Order-Pricing-and-Pics-Preview  Scroll down to the Red Cover's.  Look at the 3rd pic.  I want that fish.  I'm pretty sure it's a male.  If it's a male it's color in the pic is it's biggest fault.  With Reds, the males are more vibrantly colored than the females.  Other than that the fish is hard to fault.  I'm such a sucker for a perfect shape.  My male Red Cover is sterile.  I've been looking for another.  I called Jamie from work today.  Nobody else has expressed interest in that fish.  She'll be taking tank shots over the weekend and will email them to me.  I want that fish!!!!
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

I forgot another good thing...The guy from TEC, the DSL service called while I was at work.  He was trying to find his way to my place.  Once he found his way he said that he worked on my phone line when Larry and I lived in the Katrina house.  Everybody knew my late husband because he was a local TV guy.  They should have me hooked up to the DSL some time next week.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Jon