• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 07, 2024, 08:40:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,330
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 427
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 326
Total: 326

What do you all think

Started by JR, March 17, 2014, 01:39:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JR

I can buy a 135gal Acylic Tank stand and canopy made by Aqua art Of Columbus Ohio for 300.00 It had acrack in the bottom that was repaired by Aqua Art 3 year ago. It is holding water now. Dont know if it is a good Idea never had a acylic tank. Have never herd of Aqua art
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Mugwump

Quote from: JR on March 17, 2014, 01:39:17 PM
I can buy a 135gal Acylic Tank stand and canopy made by Aqua art Of Columbus Ohio for 300.00 It had acrack in the bottom that was repaired by Aqua Art 3 year ago. It is holding water now. Dont know if it is a good Idea never had a acylic tank. Have never herd of Aqua art

seems to be a chain pet store...

https://www.google.com/search?q=Aqua+art+Of+Columbus+Ohio&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

I've never had any dealings with them, but they have a very poor reputation with other members of the Columbus fish club.....

Dennis

b125killer

Acylic scratches easily. I put a few good scratches in my acrylic when I first tried cleaning it. You can also remove scratches out of it. I haven't tried.  I just don't see the need. My tank isnt a show tank so it doesn't bother me that much.

Scott

JR

I went and looked at the tank it is not that bad. got him down to 200 I just don't know about the crack in the bottom. He said it was fixed 3 years ago he has not had a problem with it. How do you clean it. The scratches are on the back of the tank.

Mugwump

To clean, lots of BN's... ;D...3M makes a non scratch pad that works well....or a 'worn' green pad that's been used on other tanks a bit....softer...

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

You should be able to use toothpaste to polish out scratches.  That's what I always used on my motorcycle windshields and they were made from acrylic.....

Dennis

P4Angels

here:

that is how I did 2 of mine couple years back.  Hope that helps
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

JR

Thanks I am still on the fence about this tank the stand and canopy are worth 200 they are made well