• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 10:54:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 199
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 136
Total: 136

Lemon Yellow White Cloud (Tanichthys thacbaensis)

Started by BallAquatics, December 29, 2013, 02:40:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

As some of you might remember, I picked these up about a year and a half ago from Frank Greco of Frank's Aquarium.  They are very hard to come by and I was delighted to get my hands on some.  The tiny little fish I received from Frank have grown up to be very beautiful adult fish.

I've had limited success in spawning these, but not nearly to the degree I would like.  The males like to spar with each other and it makes for some interesting photos.

They don't have any torn fins, so all the "showing off" is just in good fun.

Dennis

BillT

These guys do a real good job of showing off their fins.

Mugwump

Wow...some really sweet fins on those......nice pic...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

Thanks guys.  These fish are really entertaining to watch.  I believe that they flare like that to try and make themselves look bigger and more intimidating.

Dennis

b125killer

They are cool fish. I like ther fins too. Nice pics of them.
Scott

BallAquatics

Thanks Scott.  I'm thinking of moving them into a smaller tank to get them closer to the glass.  They are in a 10 gallon stuck in the rack with the end sticking out.  They do most of their sparring in the middle of the tank so I have to shoot through about 10" of water before getting to the fish.  If I could get them up next to the glass.....

Dennis