Author Topic: No sound again!  (Read 65 times)

Ron Sower

• Breeder
  • Florence, AZ....In the Sonoran Desert
No sound again!
« on: October 09, 2019, 02:03:52 pm »
This crap of Microsoft doing upgrades and every time I lose sound on my HP computer sux!...

So I go online to HP to download the drivers for it and I'm not comfortable with who the links are...

Anyone got any advice or help?
Even duct tape can't fix stupid ... but it can muffle the sound...and zip ties, properly applied, can reduce the movement!

Mugwump

• Administrator
  • Breeder
  • Dekalb, Illinois
Re: No sound again!
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2019, 03:06:13 pm »
...go back and delete the latest upgrade..... :)......or get the sound drivers from the HP site....

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07165
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

• Breeder
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2019, 09:34:12 pm »
So, I saw your suggestions here before I went down to friend's for dinner planning to get to work on getting my sound back...

But when I sat down and clicked on one of your links in another post,....BINGO!,...the sound was back on...!

Did you do that Mugs, or do I have spirits in my computer?... huh huh huh
Even duct tape can't fix stupid ... but it can muffle the sound...and zip ties, properly applied, can reduce the movement!

Mugwump

• Administrator
  • Breeder
  • Dekalb, Illinois
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2019, 04:52:14 am »
So, I saw your suggestions here before I went down to friend's for dinner planning to get to work on getting my sound back...

But when I sat down and clicked on one of your links in another post,....BINGO!,...the sound was back on...!

.....lets go with the 'spirits'....... :)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

• Breeder
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2019, 02:22:22 pm »

.....lets go with the 'spirits'....... :)
I'm good with that!... :D

LizStreithorst

• Sponsor
  • Breeder
  • Politico
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2019, 02:49:04 pm »
lol,  I'd be good with that, too.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

• Administrator
  • Breeder
  • Dekalb, Illinois
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2019, 03:19:12 pm »
...tho I'll bet the changes happened with a reboot........ huh.....many updates do that ..
Jon

Ron Sower

• Breeder
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2019, 03:52:52 pm »
...tho I'll bet the changes happened with a reboot........ huh.....many updates do that ..
I did do one and left to go out!!!...