Author Topic: Yo Liz...  (Read 121 times)

LizStreithorst

• Sponsor
  • Breeder
  • Politico
Re: Yo Liz...
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2019, 08:09:18 AM »
Hey Mug.  The weather you thought I would get in the past few days that I said wasn't going to happen has arrived.  I missed 5 weather alerts last night because I accidentally turned the volume on my phone to zero.  Right now we are under a flood warning and tornado watch.  The rain is coming down, the wind is blowing and once in a while we have a really big blow where the trees whip back and forth in the wind.

I enjoy watching stormy weather.  I wish I had a front porch so I could sit there and watch it.  Last time we had a big blow no rain came with it and I was able so sit in the pasture and watch it.  It blew one of my Mimosa trees down and my neighbor lost a pine tree, but no damage.  Obviously, I hope I don't have a tree come down on the house.  That would be a bit too much excitement, besides even with insurance it would be costly.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

• Administrator
  • Breeder
  • Dekalb, Illinois
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2019, 08:30:37 AM »
Hey Mug.  The weather you thought I would get in the past few days that I said wasn't going to happen has arrived.  I missed 5 weather alerts last night because I accidentally turned the volume on my phone to zero.  Right now we are under a flood warning and tornado watch.  The rain is coming down, the wind is blowing and once in a while we have a really big blow where the trees whip back and forth in the wind.

I enjoy watching stormy weather.  I wish I had a front porch so I could sit there and watch it.  Last time we had a big blow no rain came with it and I was able so sit in the pasture and watch it.  It blew one of my Mimosa trees down and my neighbor lost a pine tree, but no damage.  Obviously, I hope I don't have a tree come down on the house.  That would be a bit too much excitement, besides even with insurance it would be costly.

.....be safe....it's amazing the amount of rain associated with this system........I'll bet you'll have more than a few road closures too... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

• Breeder
  • Florence, AZ....In the Sonoran Desert
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2019, 10:18:59 AM »
....hang in there, Liz...
Even duct tape can't fix stupid ... but it can muffle the sound...and zip ties, properly applied, can reduce the movement!

LizStreithorst

• Sponsor
  • Breeder
  • Politico
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2019, 10:58:33 AM »
It's been quite still for a couple of hours.  I hope we get a second wave.  I know that normal people are afraid of bad weather with wind and rain but it excites me.

Mugwump

• Administrator
  • Breeder
  • Dekalb, Illinois
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2019, 06:29:45 AM »
...any idea how many inches total fell by you..?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

• Sponsor
  • Breeder
  • Politico
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2019, 07:04:22 AM »
More than enough.  But I'm not going to complain unless I go outside and find damage to the house from the storm last night.

Mugwump

• Administrator
  • Breeder
  • Dekalb, Illinois
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2019, 08:04:28 AM »
More than enough.  But I'm not going to complain unless I go outside and find damage to the house from the storm last night.

...Wow..must have been a doozy.. huh....
Jon

LizStreithorst

• Sponsor
  • Breeder
  • Politico
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2019, 08:25:36 AM »
just when I think the rain is finally over a band comes in and it starts all over again.  It's just drizzling right now.  Oh...no damage.

Mugwump

• Administrator
  • Breeder
  • Dekalb, Illinois
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2019, 08:42:19 AM »
just when I think the rain is finally over a band comes in and it starts all over again.  It's just drizzling right now.  Oh...no damage.

... |^|..good
Jon