Author Topic: Blue Acara....  (Read 98 times)

Ron Sower

• Breeder
  • Florence, AZ....In the Sonoran Desert
Blue Acara....
« on: May 12, 2019, 11:56:51 AM »
...Last Wednesday on of the males and the small female spawned the evening after I did a huge water change since I got back from Seattle on Tuesday...they dutifully fanned and protected the eggs on the leaf from all the 13 angels I have in the tank...last night I cut the leaf and pulled the eggs, placing them into a 2 quart plastic jar with an airstone...today wigglers are showing! at The ARK meeting last night I picked up some Golden Pearls...hope they will work, cause I don't have any cultures going... I'll use some hard boiled egg yolks too....fingers crossed...

...If i can keep them alive for a week I have a friend who can take them then and raise them....
Even duct tape can't fix stupid ... but it can muffle the sound...and zip ties, properly applied, can reduce the movement!

Mugwump

• Administrator
  • Breeder
  • Dekalb, Illinois
Re: Blue Acara....
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2019, 12:18:24 PM »
...nice....hope you get a bunch... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

• Breeder
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2019, 04:54:32 PM »
Update...'after clipping and pulling the leaf and keeping it in a jar with an airstone on it, they hatched and now are free-swimming....a fellow is coming to buy the parents Monday morning...I'm going to let a pal take the fry...I might keep a few just to see if I can raise them in smaller then larger buckets until they're large enough to auction off....
Even duct tape can't fix stupid ... but it can muffle the sound...and zip ties, properly applied, can reduce the movement!

Ron Sower

• Breeder
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2019, 10:21:42 AM »
...still have a bunch of fry left.....feeding them egg yolk and golden pearls...