THE POND-THE FRESHWATER PLACE > Catfish

Hi-Fin Albino

(1/3) > >>

Mugwump:
...this morning we stood and watched this pod spawn......looks promising...Jan pulled 'em and we put them in a 2 1/2......time will tell.... huh

waterboy:
When my Bristlenoses kick out the eggs I usually put them into a Marina box.  Hang the box inside the tank to maintain the temp.  When they hatch turn the box and hang it on the outside. Install the uplift tube for circulation.  Works great for cory eggs too.   After they have grown a little and are eating good they get transferred to the 2-1/2 gallon. 

Mugwump:

--- Quote from: waterboy on July 31, 2018, 04:50:49 PM ---When my Bristlenoses kick out the eggs I usually put them into a Marina box.  Hang the box inside the tank to maintain the temp.  When they hatch turn the box and hang it on the outside. Install the uplift tube for circulation.  Works great for cory eggs too.   After they have grown a little and are eating good they get transferred to the 2-1/2 gallon.

--- End quote ---

..thanks Dale.....might try that too.........been doing the 2 1/2 for fry ..seems like forever.....as far as BN's.....don't have any 'egg kickers'... |^| :D |^|

waterboy:
Those Marina boxes are pretty neat. The big one is half a gallon, plenty of room for a batch of baby Bristlenoses or Corys. You can hang it inside a tank with an air line or you can hang it on the outside. It is air driven to pull water from the tank and circulate it through the box.  Lots better than those hang on fry savers that don't allow for much circulation.

Every once in a while I will find a clutch of eggs on the bottom that the Angels haven't eaten.  Those are about the only ones I save.  If I happen to see a male on eggs I wait until there are wigglers in there and then put dad, cave and all into the 2-1/2. When the little ones are out of the cave, dad and the cave go back where they came from.  I have some brown ones and some Calico ones right now but my Albinos haven't spawned in quite a while

Mugwump:

--- Quote from: waterboy on July 31, 2018, 11:36:20 PM ---Those Marina boxes are pretty neat. The big one is half a gallon, plenty of room for a batch of baby Bristlenoses or Corys. You can hang it inside a tank with an air line or you can hang it on the outside. It is air driven to pull water from the tank and circulate it through the box.  Lots better than those hang on fry savers that don't allow for much circulation.

Every once in a while I will find a clutch of eggs on the bottom that the Angels haven't eaten.  Those are about the only ones I save.  If I happen to see a male on eggs I wait until there are wigglers in there and then put dad, cave and all into the 2-1/2. When the little ones are out of the cave, dad and the cave go back where they came from.  I have some brown ones and some Calico ones right now but my Albinos haven't spawned in quite a while

--- End quote ---

..yup, same here....Dad/cave/eggs etal get moved.......then Dad & cave back home after the fry are released.... |^|...I have the gallon Marina, I think, but don't use it much......might give it another chance tho.. huh

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version