• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 06:45:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 199
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 189
Total: 190

Pics of my kids

Started by LizStreithorst, December 11, 2016, 03:19:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

first some of my 13
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

Some more from the same parents.  They are attached to dad.

LizStreithorst

And finally the PBs

LizStreithorst

Everything is orange due to the Rooibos tea.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 11, 2016, 03:25:16 PM
Everything is orange due to the Rooibos tea.

...how much are you using?...(Rooibos tea)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I cut back on it by half because they were asking for pics on Simply and the water saw so dark it was hard to see the fish.  Pat suggested 1 T per 10  but for the pics I cut it down to a T per 20.

wallace

Looking good Liz, your patience has paid off.  |^| |^|

I have been using 1 tbsp. per 30 or even 40 gallons... it seems like enough for the appearance of it anyway. The angels won't do anything so maybe more tea along with the right prayers. I think the wild rams like it. They are skittish and hide a lot, so wild guess maybe having colored water gives them a sense of security.

I put one of the pictures into my photo software and tried to subtract the tea color out. It didn't look any better.
Dan

LizStreithorst

I have basic photo software but I never came close to getting rid of it.  I don't mind it except when it's so dark that it's hard for me to see the fish.  For now I will stick with the half dose.  It ain't much fun if you cant see them, is it?

I don't know if it will help your Angles breed.  I don't even know that it did the trick on my Discus.  I changed several small things.  I can tell that the fish like it so I will keep using it.