• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 23, 2024, 01:09:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,309
  • Total Topics: 18,528
  • Online today: 106
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 134
Total: 134

Franks multi 'hets'

Started by Mugwump, April 01, 2013, 07:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

These guys are getting pretty daggone big...sooooo, I put them all in the 110 to get bigger and pair off.....oh my the glitter on these...'het' for HB, PB, Stripeless, ???....help me out Frank....LOL...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Frank The Plumber

The kitchen sink fish? Oh yes. I have 20 of them and they are getting big. The ones I have are showing and aura of blue sheen across the forehead. There is a lot of glitter and pattern in them. Interesting considering these are not to my knowledge a peruvian based fish such as my green glitters. They seem to have a break point at which they do not express glitter after just past the gill cover maybe a 1/2" or so. On the rear of many of them I am seeing a pattern of freckling where the half black would like to be. Like something is trying to hold it back but some freckling is popping through. I see a bit of guanine in several of them showing as a gold cast on the crowns. I have a batch of veils very near pairing. I may bring you a couple. I can only keep so many.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

Mugwump

I did notice that with the glitter too, although two seem to have it mid body on one side...a little freckling, yep......I'll have to look closer...I will say they're a rambunctious lot....LOL..and eat like piranha.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Frank The Plumber

There are most likely fish that would be really desirable from this hybrid cross. Half black pinoy, Halfblack blush pinoy. Albino blush pinoy, Albino ghost pinoy, albino pinoy, pinoy ghost and pinoy blush. A cross of these hybrids will reveal the field of choices. Choosing the similar fish you want to trait set will let you focus them and lock the trait in.

I also have the turqs that have spawned now. Of course my turq veils are half black hets. The one pair I have is amazing. I have fry at around 75 days from a heavily streaked pair of turqs. The streaking adds a base for guanine to land on. Lots of gold and non pb blue showing up in the adults. Looking at the fry today I am seeing what I hope is expression of half black on some of the fry types. I see DD blushers, Ghost blush, black ghost blush, all in veil or super. I would be excited to have a group of these to add to my HB lines.

I also did a cross towards rebuilding the original Madetto line by crossing it to another line of smokey gold marble blush veils. Some of the hets from these are fantastic looking fish, superveils and veils with a lot of guanine causing blue and gold on a non pb fish.

I have the original Madetto line going as well although it is getting very thin at this point. the line is fairly inbred.

I also have the green glitter veils pairing. Those are a project to try to build a fish that looks wild. I took an Oyama glitter and crossed it to a D/g streaked. I get a lot of neat stuff including veil glitters which I will try to trait focus and perfect the look  of.

I also have the chocolate blue pearls pairing, These guys are really a gift. I love the look of them.
It's just getting to the point where the trees are making a bit of the fruits I thought they could. Where the stuff I have is more mine now than the fish of others. I'm having fun.

This will be the place I post my photos and progress from now on. Among friends. I'm nuts but you guys all know and accept it.  ;)
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

Mugwump

That's some super nice pairings that you have going now....zounds!...My Turq's are sparring over a female heavily streaked black female...winner gets their own tank... ;D
  I have Koi fry that are 4 days free swimming, and their siblings in the next tank wiggling their butts off..
   I have a pair of Plat Paraibas that are cleaning now, and a F1 Mancapuru X (F1 Manacapuru X PB Silver ghost) tending wigglers happily in their tank.
   The Pinoy Clown (Gibbs line) and PB Smokey are probably spawning at this moment..
   The LF blue eyed pair are playing cave tag, and the 'het' LF fry were released by dad yesterday.
   My PB Zebra and PB Pinoy clown are playing lip tug O war, and the German Blue rams have made a pit in the gravel.
  My F2 Manacapuru crosses are starting to show there bluster and are beginning to start the fight over the girls.. ;D
  Red scarf tail guppies just blasted fry all over their tank ....
  The Sta Isabel/Rio Negro pair(Oyama) are bickering too...cripes.. :P
  there's more but my fingers are tired....LOL....ah, spring....I need more tanks... ;D
  life is good....
Jon

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on April 01, 2013, 08:04:22 PM
....I need more tanks... ;D

Better get your butt back down to PetCo......

......Joooooonnnn dollar per gallon Joooooonnnn.....

:P :D :D :P   ;)

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on April 01, 2013, 08:13:27 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on April 01, 2013, 08:04:22 PM
....I need more tanks... ;D

Better get your butt back down to PetCo......

......Joooooonnnn dollar per gallon Joooooonnnn.....

:P :D :D :P   ;)

Dennis

LOL.....I hear ya...buy PetCo stock..it's going up soon... ;D
Jon

Frank The Plumber

Cool, you have some nice stuff going on too. I have to look at those rio negros. I think I might try to revive the wild form from them. Just to see if I can fool some..ummm umm umm experts.

Mugwump

Quote from: Frank The Plumber on April 01, 2013, 08:32:38 PM
Cool, you have some nice stuff going on too. I have to look at those rio negros. I think I might try to revive the wild form from them. Just to see if I can fool some..ummm umm umm experts.

The wild stock fry have a million bars when young....I'll try to remember to bring you a few, that'll make a good swap for some of those veil multi's.... ;D.....believe it or not, there's freak'n Sunsets in that spawn.......LOL  confirmed, Neil Oyama must have a gold in most everything he breeds....LOL....the parents that I chose both have the red Sta Isabel shoulders/crown.....amazing.... ;D
Jon

PaulineMi

Quote from: Frank The Plumber on April 01, 2013, 08:32:38 PM

;)     ;D
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Frank The Plumber

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Here's a short vid...check out the glitter....these guys have grown nicely.... ;D

Jon

PaulineMi

Those sure are very pretty angels. 
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Frank The Plumber

This video just determined the fate of about 20 just like them. They sure do fill out nicely. They have that full round Gibb's fish look to them.  These are going to be great fish if they make what I had intended for them to make. You did a nice job of raising them Jon. We are in for an exciting summer.