• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 10:16:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 217
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 180
Total: 180

Saturday coffee...

Started by Mugwump, December 10, 2016, 05:41:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...cold morn'n here at 17degs....coffee's good, very good...high?..maybe low 20's...and snows moving in this afternoon and going til Monday... huh

...the dsl modem decided to work... :D...something's screwy...but they'll be out Monday morning with a replacement.. |^|....

...a bit of putz'n, then just watch the snow come in....might run out for some driveway melter?....

...now tho, it's time for more coffee...MMmmmm
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

.....is great. It's in the mid 20s here. Snow was sighted in the northern & western counties in Pennsylvania. We are due for a wintry mix tomorrow evening into Monday morning. huh

Putzing & cleaning. Still have a couple of more items/cards to get for Xmas then I am through. Xmas is always hard on the bottom line for me now that I am retired. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on December 10, 2016, 06:01:30 AM
.....is great. It's in the mid 20s here. Snow was sighted in the northern & western counties in Pennsylvania. We are due for a wintry mix tomorrow evening into Monday morning. huh

...hope you don't get the dreaded ice crap with that junk...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

...well into Pot #2...and it won't last long.....the coffee's just superb....MMmmmm |^|
Jon

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on December 10, 2016, 07:22:29 AM
...well into Pot #2...and it won't last long.....the coffee's just superb....MMmmmm |^|

It's a crisp 21?F here this morning.  Light dusting of snow on the lawn.  Very dry so nothing on the roads.

A bit of IT work to do this morning then some time spent in the fish room.  Trading some daphnia for some white worms tomorrow.

Hoping to have time for some reading later.  I'm bouncing between two great books....  People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks and The Keeper of Lost Causes by Jussi Adler-Olsen.

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on December 10, 2016, 07:47:38 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on December 10, 2016, 07:22:29 AM

It's a crisp 21?F here this morning.  Light dusting of snow on the lawn.  Very dry so nothing on the roads.

A bit of IT work to do this morning then some time spent in the fish room.  Trading some daphnia for some white worms tomorrow.

Hoping to have time for some reading later.  I'm bouncing between two great books....  People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks and The Keeper of Lost Causes by Jussi Adler-Olsen.

Dennis

I'm finishing up an 'auto' on Edward Kennedy.....not a bad read....a lot of insights on the Kennedy clan too...I haven't read much fiction in awhile tho...

"The Keeper of Lost Causes" by Jussi Adler-Olsen. looks like a good read...I may look for it at the used book place up the street...lots of treasures can be found there.. 8)..It's a 'Good Will' store.....but 'em for a buck, then donate them back when finished reading them.... |^|
Jon

Ron Sower

...58 now...going into 70s again...

...a putzing day here...might start prepping the floor for the vinyl click together slats we're going to put in...maybe not...maybe a trip into Mesa or that area for a little change of scenery...hopefully traffic isn't too bad if we go..
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

waterboy

LOL  There aren't enough cars in Arizona to make a traffic jam. Couldn't possibly be any bad traffic.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on December 10, 2016, 10:49:28 AM
LOL  There aren't enough cars in Arizona to make a traffic jam. Couldn't possibly be any bad traffic.

....well unless all 20 are on the same road.... huh
Jon

Mugwump

...whoops....the 'winter storm advisory' just announced itself over my phone......it'll be here soon....the storm next week calls for 12+"....in about 24hrs!!...that should be a doozy... |^|

Jon

wallace

A warm wind showed up yesterday and melted the snow in an instant, or so it seemed. Now its a balmy 45 going up to the 50s.

The last time we got more than a foot of snow it happened in just a few hours. I was woken up by the sound of tree branches crashing down. It was a very sticky snow and no wind. I went out and got a pole and went around knocking snow off the fruit trees in an effort to save them from being all broken down.
Dan

Ron Sower

Quote from: waterboy on December 10, 2016, 10:49:28 AM
You must never have been in the Phoenix area!!! ;) ;) ;)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

...and here we go ......snowing pretty good now....

Jon

LizStreithorst

Saturday is my favorite day of the week.  I always enjoy enjoy it much more the other days.  Who knows why huh
Always move forward. Never look back.

wallace

When I was little I hated school, and I would wake up on Saturday morning and when I realized it was Saturday that was happiness.

One Saturday day I got on my bike and rode to school and there was nobody there.
Dan