• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 09:32:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,251
  • Total Topics: 18,511
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 160
Total: 161

uh oh.....severe cold...

Started by Mugwump, December 07, 2016, 05:33:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...looking at the forecast for next week....I'm seeing -10..-8......that's too cold for this early in winter......
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 07, 2016, 05:34:22 PM
My heart bleeds for you.

....t'ain't bad if it doesn't hang around....I like the snow...but the severe cold....not so much....nope..nada..nil.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

It will be in the 20s here. Can't say I miss those -0 numbers. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

wallace

Ouch, that's no fun.

Its hardly ever that we have 'sleet' in the forecast, but its expected tonight... I don't think I know what sleet is.
Dan

Mugwump

Quote from: wallace on December 07, 2016, 06:55:27 PM
Ouch, that's no fun.

Its hardly ever that we have 'sleet' in the forecast, but its expected tonight... I don't think I know what sleet is.

..sleet is slick....watch yourself if you go out.... |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

People down here don't know what it is either!  We had a bunch of tiny little balls of hail once.  People called it sleet.  It was not sleet.  It was much easier to deal with than sleet.  Sleet is the worst.
Always move forward. Never look back.

waterboy

The cold isn't bad. You get used to it pretty quick.  It's when you get a little wind with it when it really gets nasty.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

wallace

You know its bad when you have to plug your car in at night.
Dan

Mugwump

Quote from: wallace on December 08, 2016, 12:02:53 PM
You know its bad when you have to plug your car in at night.

.....yup......or leave it on a trickle charger.....
Jon

waterboy

I've never plugged in my car nor left it on a trickle charger, but I have gotten up at midnight to start it and let it warm up to be sure I could get to work in the morning.  Whenever the temps got to -29 during the day I used to go out at noon and start her up and let her warm up.  Had a little vega one time. Unbeknownst to me it had a oil pressure sensor, no oil pressure no start.  Just so happens I got a bad batch of oil that coagulated at low temp. That oil pressure sensor saved the engine that time.  Only time I can recall that had trouble starting in the cold.  A good battery makes all the difference.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on December 08, 2016, 01:23:05 PM
I've never plugged in my car nor left it on a trickle charger, but I have gotten up at midnight to start it and let it warm up to be sure I could get to work in the morning.  Whenever the temps got to -29 during the day I used to go out at noon and start her up and let her warm up.  Had a little vega one time. Unbeknownst to me it had a oil pressure sensor, no oil pressure no start.  Just so happens I got a bad batch of oil that coagulated at low temp. That oil pressure sensor saved the engine that time.  Only time I can recall that had trouble starting in the cold.  A good battery makes all the difference.

..I used to do the midnight run too....it saved me many a time too when I was the only one in the neighborhood who was running the next morning...I had an old Nova one time that would not start with the key when it got -2 deg or below.....so I turned the ignition on, and shorted the starter with a screw driver....it'd pop right over ....loved that old beater... |^|
Jon

GraphicGr8s

Damn cold here this last part of the week. Won't even get to 68 tomorrow. Better get my snow blower ready. Never know.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on December 09, 2016, 10:45:16 AM
Damn cold here this last part of the week. Won't even get to 68 tomorrow. Better get my snow blower ready. Never know.

...LOL.........tease
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on December 07, 2016, 05:33:16 PM
...looking at the forecast for next week....I'm seeing -10..-8......that's too cold for this early in winter......

...that's too cold for any season... ! >:(
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron