• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu

Cory's, catfish,etc...

Started by Mugwump, October 18, 2012, 08:31:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

So what vatieties do we have amongst the folks here?
I have ...

Sterbias
Std Green
Albinos
Pigmy
Hi Fin
Raphael's
Emerald Green
couple green lasers

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Jdmcfast

I have

Sterbai
Albino
Panda
Orange lasers

Posted using tapatalk 2

Josh

Jo

I have:
4 Corydoras aeneus
2 peper cory
2 albino
Jo

Rjb3

Similis
Sterbai
Harold Schultzei
Schultzei
Aeneus
Albino aeneus
C-089
Longipinnis
Paleatus
Soldais
Habrosus
Pygmaeus
Oaipoquensus
Natereri
Nanus
Duplicareus
Adolfoi
Brochis Splenden

And a couple more I can't remember the names of.

Forgot Pygmaeus, habrosus, and melanotaenia.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on October 18, 2012, 04:23:51 PM
Similis
Sterbai
Harold Schultzei
Schultzei
Aeneus
Albino aeneus
C-089
Longipinnis
Paleatus
Soldais
Habrosus
Pygmaeus
Oaipoquensus
Natereri
Nanus
Duplicareus
Adolfoi
Brochis Splenden

And a couple more I can't remember the names of.

Shazam....I'm glad that you're back into the cory's a bit more now.....that's quite the selection that you're keeping....nice
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

JR

Loves My Cory
Bronze                                  Julii Cory                       Cw016
Albino                                    Agassizi                        Corydoras Zygatus
CW010                                  Salt and Pepper
Cw009                                   Schultzei Black
Orange strip laser                  Sterbai
Red Strip Laser                       Adolfoi
Skunk                                      C35
Panda                                      Bluespotted Cory
Dwarf Panda                            LF Gold Laser

One day I will have twice as many.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Rjb3

LOL  I've always had these. I'm down from 30 species. My tanks are down to 22 from 40. I don't breed many fish these days.

Back in the day I had lots of rare species like C. teniente and C. eques. In fact, I received 10 of the first eques imported to the US and was first to have them in a breeding set up. Ian Fuller spawned then for the first time in captivity so I sold my group while they were still very desirable.

I had too many irons in the fire back then. Life is far less complicated now. I just make food day and night.  LOL

Mugwump

Quote from: JR on October 18, 2012, 07:20:25 PM
Loves My Cory
Bronze                                  Julii Cory                       Cw016
Albino                                    Agassizi                        Corydoras Zygatus
CW010                                  Salt and Pepper
Cw009                                   Schultzei Black
Orange strip laser                  Sterbai
Red Strip Laser                       Adolfoi
Skunk                                      C35
Panda                                      Bluespotted Cory
Dwarf Panda                            LF Gold Laser

One day I will have twice as many.

Now that's a nice selection....sweeeeet....you and Bob should talk....LOL...the stories that you two could tell.....me...I'd just sit and listen...
Jon

Rjb3

Yep, JR has a fine collection. And I'll bet we could swap plenty of stories.

Jdmcfast

Its good to know that there is that much knowledge on the subject available!

Posted using tapatalk 2
Josh

JR

I bet we could. You know I have had Albino's for many years. And have never got them to breed. Dont know why not. I might get that worked out one day

Rjb3

God will strike me dead if this is not the truth.

A customer at the LFS brought in some adult Albino aeneus. Steve (the owner) says to me " I don't have time to be spawning these, take them home with you". There were 12 of them. I put them in a ten gallon and in one hour they spawned. I called Steve and said "What? You didn't have an hour?"

The easiest ones for me were: paleatus, aeneus, melanotaenia, and venezualanus. They also gave me the most fry. Hundreds of them. Other species like sterbai, weitsmani, panda, and duplicareus spawned very few eggs.

JR

My Pandas spawn like crazy. Just change water. And I have 50 to 75 eggs every time. My buddys that have Albino's just look at them wrong. And hear comes the eggs. I even got a group of breeders from a buddy. No eggs. Gave them back and the next day he had eggs.

Rjb3

What temp you keeping them at? You might try a cool water change. You could also try no heat for a couple days. Stuff like that.

Mugwump

I've found that I can keep them at ambient room temp, 76+ deg and they do great...I have raised it a bit before tho..then cool water changes/bloodworms....bingo...they're off...
Jon