• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 06:51:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 149
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 119
Total: 120

92 gallon corner tank

Started by Ron Sower, November 28, 2016, 12:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

My latest thoughts on what to set up first...at least 3 weeks away...include getting a 92 gallon corner tank with the bow front, Finnex plus lighting, and some form of Poret filtration...

This tank will be heavily planted...including wood...

I'm trying to decide on the fish species to keep. Definitely a group of Panda Corys (8-10 of them), maybe as many Sterbai Corys....a couple of dwarf plecos...

It's time I have some Congo tetras again, so I'm thinking about a group of 12 of them...they are gorgeous fish....

What about a school of 15-20 Cardinal tetras for color???  And a couple blue type angels???

I'd like anyone's input and/or suggestions.....

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

I like planted tanks.......a larger smaller species tank would be spectacular too... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on November 28, 2016, 02:06:32 PM
I like planted tanks.......a larger smaller species tank would be spectacular too... |^|

I was thinking about that....maybe just about 100 cardinals and leave off the angels and congos...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Rjb3

Quote from: Ron Sower on November 28, 2016, 12:52:15 PM
My latest thoughts on what to set up first...at least 3 weeks away...include getting a 92 gallon corner tank with the bow front, Finnex plus lighting, and some form of Poret filtration...

This tank will be heavily planted...including wood...

I'm trying to decide on the fish species to keep. Definitely a group of Panda Corys (8-10 of them), maybe as many Sterbai Corys....a couple of dwarf plecos...

It's time I have some Congo tetras again, so I'm thinking about a group of 12 of them...they are gorgeous fish....

What about a school of 15-20 Cardinal tetras for color???  And a couple blue type
I'd like anyone's input and/or suggestions.....

Me, I'd put a few Bolivian Rams in there.

BallAquatics

Quote from: Rjb3 on November 28, 2016, 03:06:38 PM
Me, I'd put a few Bolivian Rams in there.

Mike Drawdy had some really nice rams at the OCA.  He had all three types, Electric Blues, German Blues, and Bolivians.....

https://imperialtropicals.com/collections/american-cichlids/dwarf

Dennis

Rjb3

The Bolivian Ram is one of my "Love at first sight" fish. Endlers and Synodontis petricola also make the list.

My favorite tank list would include: A dwarf pleco, any species cory catfish (too many favorites to list), Bolivian Ram, Cardinal tetra, and a few angelfish. Green leopard superveils are my favorite with Koi a close second. That's why I thought Rams would round out Ron's tank.

BallAquatics

Quote from: Rjb3 on November 28, 2016, 08:21:45 PM
The Bolivian Ram is one of my "Love at first sight" fish.....

I would concur.  Of all the rams they are my favorite.  I've always been drawn to the natural fish rather than the aquarium trade mutants.

It used to be that Bolivans were very timid.  I was amazed by Mike's fish as to how bold they were.  Right up to the glass in your face bold.  I didn't get the chance to ask him if they were raise on his farm or imports.

Dennis

Ron Sower

SoI still have this internal debate about whether to get the corner tank or the rectangular tank...but I'm pretty sure it will be the corner, because it isn't standard and I love the appearance it has when I pile the substrate high in the front, sloping down to the back corner...just like standing at the edge of a river or lake and looking down into the water....

...You guys have helped me with my fish species decision...I believe I'll drop the Congos and add the Bolivian rams...I've never had them, so now would be a good time...

...also, with the angels, I may try some green ones...if not then the blue tints...

...water parameters will be a challenge here...it's hard water and in the Seattle area it was soft and slightly acid...I have ready access to cheap RO water ($.25/gal) and will be using it for some of my WCs...I never spent much time or effort doing water tests...I may need to be a little more concerned with that down here....

..George are you following this?  Do you concentrate on the water or just raise fish that tolerate the the water here?...

Thanks for your input guys...if you come up with any other ideas, please share...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Rjb3

Glad to offer my opinion. Most times a person has to tell me to stop offering my opinion. LOL

You're going to love the tank when it's done.

Ron Sower

Quote from: Rjb3 on December 01, 2016, 12:48:13 PM
Glad to offer my opinion. Most times a person has to tell me to stop offering my opinion. LOL

Not a problem with me |^|...the more input from others, the better  ;D...I know how to filter with the delete keystroke... ;)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron