• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 03:25:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 204
Total: 204

starting garden for summertime

Started by BillT, March 31, 2013, 05:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillT

Just repaired my garden irrigation system and planted ~200 onions and 10 peas.
Tomatos in a couple of weeks or so.

Summer is coming (anti-Throne of Swords; oops ment Game of Thrones):

Mugwump

We've got seed cups sprouting, and growing, in a 30 long...Tomatos, green peppers, Thai hot peppers, Cantelope. cucumbers, etc....everything is right on schedule.... ;D...nothing like fish water/poop as a fertilizer. This year I'll be pumping water change water out to the garden. We used some last year and had a 'bumper' crop....
   There's a peach tree in the yard, blackberry vines along 20 ft of the back, and a 12 X 20 strawberry patch.....we're set... ;D...veggies and cobblers and preserves, oh my....Mmmmmm
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BillT

Quotepeach tree

Ain't nothing like peaches fresh off the tree.
used to grow peaches when I was a kid.

Mugwump

Quote from: BillT on March 31, 2013, 07:44:29 PM
Quotepeach tree

Ain't nothing like peaches fresh off the tree.
used to grow peaches when I was a kid.

My lovely bride is a southern girl....we've had a peach tree most everywhere that we've lived...my job os to keep 'Herman' the big squirrel away from them..... ;D...

Me and Herman have our battles..but next I have this for him...

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson