• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 03:46:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 203
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 187
Total: 188

Time to figure out what to do

Started by Ron Sower, November 22, 2016, 11:08:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

As I can see light at the end of the tunnel on this new room now, I'm starting to think about what types of tanks and fish I could do well with here.  When I think about setting up a fish breeding situation I realize that I would need to be thinking of fish like bettas, rice fishes, killies, etc....of these I haven't had any bettas...the wild ones intrigue me...and I would have plenty of space in my room to set up several small tanks and bowls (5-10)...

But angels are so fun to work with...but no room for grow out tanks...

On the other hand, I really like to concentrate on aquascaping tanks with live plants and propagating the plants, which is easier to do with one or 2 medium to large tanks...

So currently I'm leaning toward first getting a 54g or 92g bowfront corner tank. I've loved them in the past and they're fun to set up and I have a perfect place to put it in my new room. They are fun for me to aquascape with plants, wood and rock.  The fish species would be the challenge since I like so many different ones.  My favorites are the smaller species, and those that school...not the large cichlids.  And then there are the Apistogrammas, not schooling fish at all...I love them too! 

Oh what to do, oh what to do!?????
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

...it'll be fun to hear how you put it all together.....the pics too  |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson