• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 02:19:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 173
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 165
Total: 165

More wigglers

Started by LizStreithorst, November 06, 2016, 08:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I have a PB pair.  The male is ancient but in his day he was an excellent fish.  He is the fish that introduced Discus Plague to my tanks many years ago.  All the other Discus from back then are dead.  He paired with one of his kids.  They produced a few wigglers once when I first stuck them in a love nest.  They ate them.  Since then, nothing but weekly spawning with eggs that all turned white and fungused.  I kept asking my self why I kept holding out hope for the pair when my head kept telling me that they were worthless.  My Self told me to keep going with my heart so I did huh

I changed a couple of things in the fish room that shouldn't have affected water quality but might have.  I started using Roobios tea.  Something worked.

The PB pair has a ton of wigglers that should free swim as soon as it gets light.  I can see them on the cone.  They look very strong!  I think that the kids will attach!

I don't even want to tell you about the Angels.  They're all about sex.  It's disgraceful.  They guard their eggs well from the starving masses in the community tanks.

It's been a long time since I've had fish doing the normal thing.  I don't care what it is that I did right.  I'm just grateful that this difficult period appears to have resolved.   One drought at at a time is enough for me.

Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Way to go Liz...! Breeders!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wallace

When it rains it pours, eh?

I'm in a fish drought, and snookn is making me wait for the wild Rams. I starting putting some Rooibos in with the angels a few days ago. I had forgotten that I had some.
Dan

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson