• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 17, 2024, 11:16:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 210
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 108
Total: 108

Fry move day...

Started by Mugwump, October 18, 2012, 07:12:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

I guess that I'll have to move these little devils....only about 2wks from free swim and they're spiking out really good...some even have a bit of finage....good growth on this batch,,
(Manacapuru X pb silver ghost parents, both)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

What size tank will you put them in?
Scott

Mugwump

Most likely the vacant 30gal, there quite a few and they're good size, I know at this pace, they'll likely not be in it long.....couple weeks??.....going down in a few to look it over again.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Jdmcfast

I moved a bunch of fry around yesterday trying to make room for the 11 young adults I'm getting this weekend! I can't wait to see the fry from some of these. There is at least one pair that has already spawned in a community tank.

Posted using tapatalk 2

Josh

Mugwump

Good thing that I checked the 30gal....the heater didn't seem to be running right...replaced it and did a clean up/water change.....added the HOT Mag and left it...I'll check it later to see if temp's right ,etc...
Jon

Jo

You going to show us some pics of these babies?
Jo

Mugwump

Will do....just checked...temp's ok..the moves a go....
Jon

BallAquatics

C'mon Jon, Jo showed us her's.  Now show us yours.....   ;D ;D ;D

Dennis

Mugwump

LOL.....mine are much smaller......but when they've settled in..I'll give it a try....
I may have something pre move tho..??....hang on. I'll look....
Jon

Jo

Jo

Mugwump

ok..here ya go..my pics stink...so here's a vid..as you can see, I discover each parent carried a gold...must be from the PB silver ghost parent of the pair....the fry aren't quite 2 wks free swimming
Jon

Mugwump

The parents came from a Manacapuru crossed to a PB silver ghost.....I've discovered from the resulting fry that the parents, also carried a gold gene each....interesting results...

Parents are both +/g +/S +/pb
fry..........
#  Phenotypes %
1  Silver  14.0625 % 
2  Blue silver  4.6875 % 
3  Ghost  28.125 % 
4  Blue ghost  9.375 % 
5  Blushing  14.0625 % 
6  Paraiba  4.6875 % 
7  Gold  4.6875 % 
8  Platinum  1.5625 % 
9  Gold ghost  9.375 % 
10  Platinum ghost  3.125 % 
11  Sunset blusher  4.6875 % 
12  Paraiba sunset (Platinum blushing)  1.5625 % 

I won't know how many of each survived until they get bigger, and can be identified ....right now, I'm seeing some parabia.sunsets,maybe plat...blushing..and ???? 8)                                   
Jon

Jo

Thank you Jon! That was awesome! Can't wait for some of my own.
Jo

Jdmcfast

Quote from: Mugwump on October 18, 2012, 07:09:58 PM
The parents came from a Manacapuru crossed to a PB silver ghost.....I've discovered from the resulting fry that the parents, also carried a gold gene each....interesting results...

Parents are both +/g +/S +/pb
fry..........
#  Phenotypes %
1  Silver  14.0625 % 
2  Blue silver  4.6875 % 
3  Ghost  28.125 % 
4  Blue ghost  9.375 % 
5  Blushing  14.0625 % 
6  Paraiba  4.6875 % 
7  Gold  4.6875 % 
8  Platinum  1.5625 % 
9  Gold ghost  9.375 % 
10  Platinum ghost  3.125 % 
11  Sunset blusher  4.6875 % 
12  Paraiba sunset (Platinum blushing)  1.5625 % 

I won't know how many of each survived until they get bigger, and can be identified ....right now, I'm seeing some parabia.sunsets,maybe plat...blushing..and ???? 8)                                 

That is quite the mix!

Posted using tapatalk 2

Josh

b125killer

Wow they are getting big. Last time I seen them they looked like little dots.
Scott