• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 20, 2024, 09:40:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 260
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 251
Total: 251

My husband Bill

Started by Barb, October 23, 2016, 08:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Hi friends, once again Bill is in the hospital.  He fell 3 nights ago and broke his hip.  Now it is screwed back together but he will have a long recovery due to his age and other health complications.  He will be in the hospital at least several more days, and then back to a nursing/rehab center for weeks.  He only got home from his last stay there 7 weeks ago.  Healing thoughts appreciated, thank you!
Barb

BallAquatics

My heart goes out to you Barb.  Caring for loved ones can be quite the chore.  Don't neglect to look after yourself too.

Dennis

ilroost

So sorry Barb. Praying for a quick healing time.

Mugwump

....our thoughts are with you and Bill...
Here's wishing a speedy recovery
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Sorry to hear the unfortunate news Barb. Wishing Bill a speedy recovery.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

waterboy

Sad news.  Here's wishing an extra speedy recovery.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Rjb3

Good thoughts and prayers headed your way.

Barb

Thanks guys, good thoughts and prayers have helped him several times before and I am hoping will do the same again.  I am hoping he may be home by Thanksgiving.  Tough times.  Thanks again,
Barb

Barb

Update,  Bill left the hospital yesterday after 8 days there.  Now he is in a nursing/rehab center so he can once again get back on his feet.  He just left there 7 weeks ago from his last illness.  They welcomed him back.  It is his 3rd time there in 2 years.  Thanks everyone, for good thoughts.
Barb

Mugwump

Quote from: Barb on October 27, 2016, 07:07:49 AM
Update,  Bill left the hospital yesterday after 8 days there.  Now he is in a nursing/rehab center so he can once again get back on his feet.  He just left there 7 weeks ago from his last illness.  They welcomed him back.  It is his 3rd time there in 2 years.  Thanks everyone, for good thoughts.
Barb

..with Bill, and the staff, knowing each other well....it should go smoothly for him....here's wishing him a speedy rehab.. |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Hopefully Bill rehabs quickly so he can go home soon. |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

How's Bill doing in rehab, Barb?....I hope all's going ok.   Give him our best too.....
Jon

Ron Sower

Barb I missed this thread with our move and construction. I wanted to share thatI'm sorry Bill and you are having the tough times. My thoughts for recovery are headed his way.  I hope he can be home for Thanksgiving, maybe even for just the day, if he's felling up to it...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Thanks guys.  He has been gone since Oct 19 and is well enough to come home next Wed. just in tie for Thanksgiving.  He will still need lots of my assistance, but he can walk alone with a walker.  And get into and off a chair and other places.  Rehab has been good.  they know him well there.

His fall cost our insurers $34,000 for his 8 day hospital stay with hip surgery.  It will be a bunch of $$ for his month in rehab.  We have 100% insurance coverage or we would be living in our car if we had to pay his medical bills over the last 15 years of his poor health.  We hope 2017 will be a healthier year for him, the past 4 have not been.

Hope you are all well,
Barb

Mugwump

Thanks for the update, Barb.  It's nice to hear that he'll be home soon.  |^|
Jon