• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 07:01:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,251
  • Total Topics: 18,511
  • Online today: 155
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 147
Total: 148

Sunday swap coffee

Started by Mugwump, October 23, 2016, 04:31:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..Great coffee......'Cubs Win' !!!!!....off to the World Series !  last night was a good night for baseball... |^|

..45deg's and headed for near 70 for us today....perfect swap weather  8)

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Congrats to the Cubs. Coffee is great. It is in the 30s here this morning but the inside temp is 72 so no heat needed yet. Must be those heated tanks cranking up the heat. Water changes on tap here. Have a great swap Jon.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on October 23, 2016, 05:01:48 AM
Congrats to the Cubs. Coffee is great. It is in the 30s here this morning but the inside temp is 72 so no heat needed yet. Must be those heated tanks cranking up the heat. Water changes on tap here. Have a great swap Jon.

...thanks Willie..Chicago rocked last night... |^|

..well I'm off to net fish....see ya on the flip flop gang !!
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Have a great time & sell lots of fish!!!  |^|

Dennis

LizStreithorst

I'm taking a break.  I've been out chain sawing and hauling stuff to the burn pile.  The  LP gas people will come out Monday, I hope, and move my gas tank.  I need to clear out brush so they have an easy path.  It's hard work for a little old lady but I don't have too much left to do.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

..back from the swap finally....got a fresh cup of coffee....got it all unloaded and down to the fish room....it's been a long and busy day for us...Jan's been up since 2am....I've been awake since about 3am....and we haven't slowed down since.....really pooped.... wfwf wfwf wfwf wfwf wfwf wfwf...but for a couple of old timers....we git 'er done... |^|

I nuked a couple leftover hot dogs and I'm devouring them like a Porterhouse steak...MMMMmmmmm

now to see how long that I can stay awake...LOL

Jon

LizStreithorst

It's been a very productive day.  Cut down a tree and a bunch of privet hedge and hauled it all to the burn pile.  Cleaned the kitchen,  did a bunch of laundry, wiped down a bunch of tanks and did WC.   I went out to my favorite last chore which is feeding the horses.  I grabbed a beer and a cigar so I could sit out side and enjoy myself watching them eat.  Then I noticed that Big Head had drug up something from the woods and was eating it.  It was wrapped in a plastic bag and them put in a feed sack but Big Head got it out and was eating it.  OMG.  It was something that had been dead for so long it was nothing but stinking brown mush.  I forced myself to gather it up with it's feed sack and plastic bag and stuck it in another feed sack.  I set it on a high stump where I hope they can't get at it again.  Thank God I had not yet eaten...Chloe rolled in it and I gave her a bath with the hose and laundry detergent after which she promptly rolled in a dusty hole.

An hour later I was able to take tomorrow's tip roast out of the fridge, roll it and tie it up with kitchen twine, wrap it in Saran wrap and stick it back in the fridge until I'm ready to cook it.  I'm still grossed out but I haven't eaten in over 24 hrs.  I have soup warming up.

Mugwump

...looks like you'll be crashing early too... huh....or relaxing in a nice hot bath... huh  ...or both....LOL
Jon

LizStreithorst

first the bath then the crash.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 23, 2016, 07:16:00 PM
first the bath then the crash.

Ah...not crashing in the bath.....cool beans.... |^| w!w |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

After I get out I need to put Binky in.  I can smell her, too.  Chloe and Binky sleep in the bed.  I can deal with Chole with dirt on her.  Surely most of it has fallen off her by now.  I just won't put on the clean sheets.  I can't sleep with a putrid smelling dog.

Rjb3

We stopped at Cracker Barrel on the way home. I had meatloaf and Gale had country fried chicken. I was starved.

We're home in one piece. That's always a plus. The swap went good for us.

Barb

Well, see you all had quite the day yesterday.  Liz gets the prize for the hardest work I think.  I was in and out of the hospital all day.
Barb