• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 06:46:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 152
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 143
Total: 143

Wigglers

Started by LizStreithorst, October 15, 2016, 10:52:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I have wigglers from a male RSG and blue scorpion female from Ryan.  I was despairing that this day might ever come..
Always move forward. Never look back.

wallace

Yaaaaayyy... |^| |^| |^|

Are these the ones with white eggs?
Dan

waterboy

Congratulations!   
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

LizStreithorst

It's one of two pairs who has presented me with nothing but eggs that fungus. 

waterboy

Several spawns that fungus from angels means it could be two females. Could that be the case with Discus?
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

LizStreithorst

No.  I watch them spawn.  I know breeding tubes.  I know that my pairs are male and female.  Besides, I'm not that worried anymore about the cause of this low fertility.  The only thing I care about is that I finally have wigglers.  Who knows, It could be that Roobios tea that I started using even though I when I bought it I thought that it was a quack thing.  I slam don't care why.

Mugwump

..well congratulations !....now tell 'em to git 'er done right... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Congrats Liz. I wish you much success with them. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

Well done Liz!!!  Best of luck with them.  What is RSG?   huh

Dennis

LizStreithorst

Mugwump

"What is RSG?"

..Royal Swedish Guard  |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Ladies and gentlemen.  An important announcement...  We have attachnent!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  It happened this morning but I wanted to see if they'd still have the kids this afternoon.

It's a very small spawn.  Lots if infertile eggs and few wigglers.  I think that I have around 15 attatched which is usually not enough for the pair to mess with.  The pair spawns again and eats the few free swimmers.  I had a pair raise 5 once so it is possible.  If they do spawn again I hope I get a better hatch rate, but I'd prefer that they raise the 15.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 18, 2016, 05:11:37 PM
Ladies and gentlemen.  An important announcement...  We have attachnent!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  It happened this morning but I wanted to see if they'd still have the kids this afternoon.

It's a very small spawn.  Lots if infertile eggs and few wigglers.  I think that I have around 15 attatched which is usually not enough for the pair to mess with.  The pair spawns again and eats the few free swimmers.  I had a pair raise 5 once so it is possible.  If they do spawn again I hope I get a better hatch rate, but I'd prefer that they raise the 15.

Congratulations !!!!!.....I'm betting that the next spawn will be much larger.... w!w |^| w!w
Jon

LizStreithorst

Time for an up-date.  I ended up with just 14 free swimmers.  On day 4 I fed BBS.  Some of the fry went for it but most stayed on their parent's side.  That afternoon the pair spawned again.  I felt that I had another day or two to leave the kids with mom and dad.  I was wrong.  That evening I saw mom pick up one of the kids and try to blow it on the cone with the eggs.  They dad picked one up and ate it.

I was afraid this would happen with so few fry so I had my smallest tank, a 10 gallon, ready. The kids are doing fine On BBS.

The pair is tending may be 30 wigglers that should free swim tomorrow.  30 is enough for them to want to raise. 

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.