• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 03:09:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,312
  • Total Topics: 18,530
  • Online today: 218
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 266
Total: 266

Catfish Royalty

Started by BallAquatics, October 14, 2016, 06:45:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

Wow, I'm having a great time on this trip to the catfish convention.  Seems as though I'm surrounded by catfish royalty.

Stayed the night Wednesday with Regina Spotti & Eric Bodrock of All Oddball Aquatics, ( http://www.alloddballaquatics.com/index.html ).  Super nice folks with deep roots into aquarium catfish.

Last night, when to dinner with Stephan, Hans Georg Evers, Ingo Seidel, Barbie Fiorentino, and several other well known catfish folks.

Going to set-up the Swiss Tropicals vendor area today and then talks later in the day.  Here's a shot of Eric, Regina,and Stephan in one of their 3 fish rooms.  I don't think I've ever seen so many different cory species in one place!

Dennis

Mugwump

It's great that you're able to rub elbows with such distinguished breeders. The convention must be a blast !

Here's the FB link..  https://www.facebook.com/catfishcon/

and here's the convention link.. http://catfishcon.com/

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Here is a shot of the breakfast crew this morning.  I was so engrossed in Ingo talking about plecos, I forgot to talk to him about his Danio meghalayensis article in the latest issue of Amazonas.

These German fish keepers are so entertaining, by the time breakfast was over my cheeks hurt from so much laughing.  This is far and away the best fish convention I've ever been to.   |^|

Dennis

Mugwump

That's quite the group there.........good conventions are great......
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Before things got really busy today I did a "drive by" on Ian Fuller & Andreas Tanke.  LOL  These guys are a blast.   |^|

Dennis

Mugwump

..good pic....fun times...yup.......
Jon

wsantia1

I'm really sorry that I can't make it down that way today. I was down in DC on an emergency this past Friday and with my bad back I just can't do that trip again this quickly. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

No worries Willie.  My sister called bright and early this morning saying Mom was in the hospital so I had to cut the weekend short.  I hitched a ride with some Ohio and Wisconsin folks and we left the convention around 10:30 AM this morning.

Dennis

Mugwump

...travel safe...I hope everything's alright.....
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: BallAquatics on October 16, 2016, 09:50:19 PM
No worries Willie.  My sister called bright and early this morning saying Mom was in the hospital so I had to cut the weekend short.  I hitched a ride with some Ohio and Wisconsin folks and we left the convention around 10:30 AM this morning.

Dennis

Hope your mom is feeling better Dennis.
Willie

BallAquatics

Thanks guys! The sooner we can get her out of the hospital the better.

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on October 17, 2016, 01:07:48 PM
Thanks guys! The sooner we can get her out of the hospital the better.

Dennis

|^|
Jon

wsantia1

Willie

ilroost

Hope your mom gets to feeling better. Didn't Eric Bodrock buy a lot of Big Franks breeding groups when he shut down his fish room?

BallAquatics

Quote from: ilroost on October 18, 2016, 06:30:07 PM
Hope your mom gets to feeling better. Didn't Eric Bodrock buy a lot of Big Franks breeding groups when he shut down his fish room?

Thanks, we got Mom back home this afternoon and she is as right as rain.

Not sure about Eric's cories.  I was more interested in his plecos and some of his odd ball fish.....

Dennis