• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 05:16:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,312
  • Total Topics: 18,530
  • Online today: 268
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 322
Total: 322

Thinning out the heard...

Started by BallAquatics, October 11, 2016, 12:03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

I've got my auction tanks up and running, but I'm going to wait until I get back from the catfish convention before thinning out my L183's.  I believe I have 3 or 4 generations in the tank now.  Here's a video from last evening showing some of the 2 youngest generations.  The cave is a 1.5 inch x 1.5 inch size, so the larger fry in the video are now around 1.5 inches in length.  They all eat like pigs and seem to like living in Ohio rain water.   |^|

https://youtu.be/HED0zHW4Hvk

Dennis

Mugwump

....very nice....those are pretty little things too......PH?....under 7.0?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Quote from: BallAquatics on October 11, 2016, 12:03:18 PM
I've got my auction tanks up and running, but I'm going to wait until I get back from the catfish convention....

Dennis
Dennis, if you run into Ian Fuller, would you tell him hello for me and let him know I'll be ready to show him some canyons when he comes to Arizona? I showed him around some of the falls, peaks and forests when he came to speak at our Seattle club.  Thanks
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on October 11, 2016, 01:23:41 PM
......PH?....under 7.0?

I don't have a clue.  My water test kit stuff is so old it's surely all out-of-date.  lol

Quote from: Ron Sower on October 11, 2016, 02:15:59 PM
Dennis, if you run into Ian Fuller...

Will do Ron.   |^|

Quote from: wsantia1 on October 11, 2016, 02:23:28 PM
Looking real good there Dennis. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|

Thanks Willie.   ;)

Dennis

BallAquatics

Got some great advise at the convention about moving forward with my 183's from Barbie Fiorentino.  For the time being, I'm just going to move the larger fry to other tanks and increase my stock before selling or trading any of these guys.

Dennis