• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 04:25:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 130
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 109
Total: 109

Saturday's cup...

Started by Mugwump, October 01, 2016, 04:40:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

The coffee is fantastic... |^|  58 right now, and another rainy day in the 60's....so lots of indoor putz'n for us...

It's very quiet at the moment  8)    sssshhhhh.....I'm going for another cup while it's safe... 8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Another great coffee day. Raining off & on today with temps in the low 60s. Getting ready to go down to the beach for the dog walk event. That ought to be a lot of fun. huh It's a rain or shine event so if I don't go I lose my $25.00. Oh well, Kobe and I will rough it today.  ::)
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on October 01, 2016, 06:02:14 AM
Another great coffee day. Raining off & on today with temps in the low 60s. Getting ready to go down to the beach for the dog walk event. That ought to be a lot of fun. huh It's a rain or shine event so if I don't go I lose my $25.00. Oh well, Kobe and I will rough it today.  ::)

..about ready to start pot #2....a slow morn'n here, except for the 'Tasmanian' shepherd....Manny just scored a 1st round knock out...reared back on his haunches and bam bam...bam de bam bam bam.....pup decided that Manny likely didn't want to play this morn'n.....wise choice  |^|

Have fun on the walk....bundle up....hooded sweatshirts/wind breaker rock  8).....thermos of coffee helps too....even a small one...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

..errands done, finishing up the wash....and now to kick back a bit....can't mow because the grass is still wet, and more rain is starting as I type this....

..a fresh pot, a big fresh cup...and....nice... |^|
Jon

wsantia1

I'm back from my bark on the boards walk at the beach. It was windy with on and off light rain. We had a ball and my Kobe was a star. His picture was taken at least 100 times. He's such a show off. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|

I had a great time working for those homeless dogs. It made the drive in the crappy weather well worth it. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on October 01, 2016, 03:05:25 PM
I'm back from my bark on the boards walk at the beach. It was windy with on and off light rain. We had a ball and my Kobe was a star. His picture was taken at least 100 times. He's such a show off. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|

I had a great time working for those homeless dogs. It made the drive in the crappy weather well worth it. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|

|^| |^| |^| that's great !
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on October 01, 2016, 03:09:13 PM

You da man, Willie!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on October 01, 2016, 06:12:04 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on October 01, 2016, 03:09:13 PM

You da man, Willie!

Thanks Ron and Jon. My closest friends know that I am dogs first, fish second. I really like cats too so I will make them # 3. lol
Willie

LizStreithorst

Sounds like great fun.  Did you not take pics of Kobe that you can post for us to see?

While I was feeding the horses I saw that the Rooibos tea that was supposed to have been delivered Thursday was indeed here.  My dogs were out and the UPS felt safer tying it to a bird house than leaving it by the door.  Rooibos tea is a quack thing that can't hurt but might help my Discus.

I had a productive but easy day at work.  Made fried shrimp for dinner, and mowed a stretch of lawn.  My wild flower seeds arrived.  Next week end I'll rent a tiller.  The wild flowers along the driveway will make is so I won't have so damn much to mow.  They'll be pretty, too.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wallace

I ordered a can of Hans Cobalt flakes and amazon says it was delivered on Thursday... so I check the tracking and there's a note "Package left on outside porch". I have looked everywhere and can't find it. I have plenty of other food but its bugging me.

Cleaned out the rain gutters and it was easy. I haven't ever cleaned them when bone dry, usually its a rotten sloppy mess in there.

Liz I'm going to send your old styro shipping box along with some of these new ones but I'm waiting for the right size box to show up, they are an awkward size.
Dan

Mugwump

Quote from: wallace on October 01, 2016, 07:43:05 PM
I ordered a can of Hans Cobalt flakes and amazon says it was delivered on Thursday... so I check the tracking and there's a note "Package left on outside porch". I have looked everywhere and can't find it. I have plenty of other food but its bugging me.

Cleaned out the rain gutters and it was easy. I haven't ever cleaned them when bone dry, usually its a rotten sloppy mess in there.

Liz I'm going to send your old styro shipping box along with some of these new ones but I'm waiting for the right size box to show up, they are an awkward size.

...tackle the mailman next time he goes by and ask him.....that's weird  huh
Jon

wallace

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 01, 2016, 06:53:09 PM
Rooibos tea is a quack thing that can't hurt but might help my Discus.

I ordered some Rooibos tea once and they sent a nice big bag of Darjeeling instead. It turns the water brown. Pat uses it for wilds... who knows.. a peat sock will do that.

Dan

LizStreithorst

Dan, you are such a sweetheart.  I know those containers you posted pics of.  My vet gets meds in those all the time.  You're right, they are too small.  What a shame.  They are such wonderful boxes.  If I get into shipping big time again, which I need to because I have blue marbles pairing off constantly, I can get more boxes from Hansie.  He's a kind guy.  He sends them to me for what they cost him plus shipping.  He is a lucky dog.  The Styrofoam box maker is right down the road from his warehouse.

Amazon said that my box was left at the door, too.  That's where he generally leaves it.  I looked outside all 3 or my doors but never thought to look at the bird house.  I guess UPS doesn't have a box to check that says, "Left at front door of bird house".

LizStreithorst

Quote from: wallace on October 01, 2016, 07:59:54 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 01, 2016, 06:53:09 PM
Rooibos tea is a quack thing that can't hurt but might help my Discus.

I ordered some Rooibos tea once and they sent a nice big bag of Darjeeling instead. It turns the water brown. Pat uses it for wilds... who knows.. a peat sock will do that.

It was Pat who suggested to me.  I looked it up.  The Betta breeders swear by it.  What makes it different from peat is that it does not lower pH.  I don't know why that would make it better than peat.  what's wrong with a lower pH?  But I'm giving it a try because it can't hurt and the fish do like the brown water huh

wallace

I ran the pH down to 4.5 in one of the ram tanks for a while. It doesn't take much in pure RO. All these SA fish have better colors in low pH I think.
Dan