• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 23, 2024, 08:00:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,309
  • Total Topics: 18,528
  • Online today: 106
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 78
Total: 78

Just in the Nick

Started by LizStreithorst, September 30, 2016, 03:51:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

My BBS shrimp cysts just arrived.  I was one more hatching to running out. 

The poor Discus will have to survive on only Teenie Greenie until Tuesday.  It's not a big deal, it's good food, they like it and they're used to it.  I ran out of freeze dried CBWs.  I thought I had another 400 grams in the freezer but I was wrong.  I have been out of frozen blood worms for a while now so I ordered another 25 pack of 16oz flats.  Dan and his daughters have the frozen blood worms priced cheaper than Foster Smith's and the FedEx overnight shipping is included in the price. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Rjb3

I know a guy in Chicago that used to import fish. I wish he still did. Anyway, he would cut along the edge of the one pound frozen packs with a sharp knife and feed it to his cardinal tetras. His cards were the best. They lit up like they had batteries inside them.

LizStreithorst

There are very very many people on Simply who believe that it is a poor quality food. I have told them again that they are comparing dry weight analysis to the blood worms which contain water.  They keep thinking what they think.  I have never had the first person tell me that I am right and that they are indeed a great food. Oh well...
Always move forward. Never look back.

Rjb3

They are great. This from a guy that makes his own food. . . .

Rjb3

Also, one has to remember fish eat fish and digest bones. I don't think a worm is going to be a problem. Show me one fish in the wild that eats as good as our tank fish.

People (self proclaimed experts) tell me Scarlet Badis only eat live food. Mine ate everything but.

Ya gotta think outside of the box. Some of these people would be amazed what I've fed to my fish. Well. . . . when I fed them the sardines in wine sauce they did develop red noses. As soon as they were put back on the wagon they returned to normal.  MMuuuaah ahh ha ha ha.