• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 23, 2024, 06:21:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 144
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 139
Total: 139

Friday dinner----------->

Started by Mugwump, September 30, 2016, 03:09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..pork chops, mashers, and cauliflower.....MMMmmmm |^| w!w |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Tonight?  I'm not worried about tonight!  I'm worried about tomorrow.  I have to make a big thing that I can eat for several days and one small thing that will just make a meal of two.  The small thing is easy enough.  I will make fried shrimp.  With fried shrimp I always have to make my own tarter sauce because the stuff off the shelf always has sugar added to it.

I'm at a loss for what to buy for the big thing.  I will pray that they have a good point cut corned beef.  If not, I'll play it by ear.  Stuffed peppers always work in a pinch.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 30, 2016, 05:19:27 PM
Tonight?  I'm not worried about tonight!  I'm worried about tomorrow.  I have to make a big thing that I can eat for several days and one small thing that will just make a meal of two.  The small thing is easy enough.  I will make fried shrimp.  With fried shrimp I always have to make my own tarter sauce because the stuff off the shelf always has sugar added to it.

I'm at a loss for what to buy for the big thing.  I will pray that they have a good point cut corned beef.  If not, I'll play it by ear.  Stuffed peppers always work in a pinch.

A good pot roast or a Swiss steak can go far....dang, it's been awhile since we've had Swiss steak.....MMMMmmmm.....but we'll remedy that for sure  |^|

..with the real fall temps moving in here soon...we've been talking a big pot of chili....Navy bean soup, potato soup.....beef stew....we have a nice big turkey breast thawing now for Sunday...MMmmm...dressing/ gravy/cranberry sauce/French cut green beans.....yum yum
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I don't even know what a Swiss steak is huh  Google will help me.

It's not cool enough here for chili or a hearty beef stew.  It was nice for the past 3 days but it supposed to get warmer again.  I love a big mess of everything cooked low and slow in a good pot.  It's what I do best.

I pretty sure that I'll pick up another couple of avocados and a lime to make guacamole  I have the cilantro and all the other stuff it needs.  It's delicious and good for me.  Over  good lettuce it makes a satisfying meal.
Always move forward. Never look back.