• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu

California Blackworms

Started by Mugwump, September 30, 2016, 08:20:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...are they still in business??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

I just ordered from them.  It was more fun buying from them back when Dan ran the place.  Now that his daughters run the business I feel like just another person  putting in an order to an impersonal company.  I miss Dan.  Dan was good.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 30, 2016, 03:40:16 PM
I just ordered from them.  It was more fun buying from them back when Dan ran the place.  Now that his daughters run the business I feel like just another person  putting in an order to an impersonal company.  I miss Dan.  Dan was good.

I agree. When I spoke with his daughter an few months back they were all out and she promised to get back to me as soon as they were ready to start up again. Gave her my number and email and never heard back from them. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Well that's a damn shame >:( >:( >:(  Dan turned a going business over to these girls.  His live black worm business is what he raised them on.  I'll be terribly disappointed in them if they allow it to fail.

wallace

Liz, I've been getting FDBW from Al S. Are the Calif freeze dried ones better or cheaper?
Dan

LizStreithorst

Al's are fine.  I don't know about the price differential but he gets his from Australia and that has to cost him.  My fish prefer Dan's.  Some people's fish prefer Al's.  I understand that Al's are smaller. 

I buy from Dan's girls because I considered Dan a fine man and a good friend, and I am loyal.  If I get an email from the girls saying that they don't have what I want in stock I will buy elsewhere.

LizStreithorst

Something ain't right.  I never got the tracking number Monday.  I called.  One of the daughters said that Dan ran out of time and his shipments went out before he could get mine together.  This never happened when Dan ran the place.  I got a tracking number today.  It was from USPS!  This is frozen food!  It needs to go FedEX overnight!  The tracking number doesn't work yet because it has not been scanned at the post office.

GeorgeG

I quit trying trying to buy the worms as I never got any emails back from them and I don't care for freexe dried.

LizStreithorst

It's sure not like it used to be.  My frozen blood worms arrived today via FedEx although I never was sent a FedEx Tracking number.  I guess the USPS tracking number was for the freeze dried blackworms I ordered.  I'm not wild about the freeze dried worms easier, but I know that they are a good food and they are easier than taking care of the live.