• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu

Ok..............?

Started by Mugwump, September 19, 2016, 09:08:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

So what do you want to talk about..... huh.....

........... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D.......
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

A silent crew today!

Well...I can talk about the Dish TV guy coming today. The 65" curved screen TV we bought a month before last year's Super Bowl is now sitting at one end of our LR taking up most of the wall that has a huge window in it...!  Looking forward to the new season of NCIS...wondering what it will be like without Denozo (sp?)...also want to see how Bull goes...and Designated Survivor... |^| And then, of course, I love football on the big screen.. |^| |^|

NOT looking forward to All My Children, the cooking, wedding, and building shows that someone else in our household loves...that's when I'll head to the new room (we'll start building it Oct 1)...! huh

What are your TV thoughts?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on September 19, 2016, 10:53:23 AM
A silent crew today!

Well...I can talk about the Dish TV guy coming today. The 65" curved screen TV we bought a month before last year's Super Bowl is now sitting at one end of our LR taking up most of the wall that has a huge window in it...!  Looking forward to the new season of NCIS...wondering what it will be like without Denozo (sp?)...also want to see how Bull goes...and Designated Survivor... |^| And then, of course, I love football on the big screen.. |^| |^|

NOT looking forward to All My Children, the cooking, wedding, and building shows that someone else in our household loves...that's when I'll head to the new room (we'll start building it Oct 1)...! huh

...get yourself a nice TV for the new addition.....32" wall mount should work fine... |^|   but on football days....just get there first and put on the earliest pre game show you can find....LOL.....reserve it   LOL

Yes, we're looking forward to the new NCIS season tomorrow night as well.....I'm sure that it'll be fine...but if they lose more key characters like McGee/Abby/Ducky.....I'm afraid the great run will be over for sure....at least for me anyways.....

The new season of 'Longmire' begins this week on Netflix too.....good show....brilliant cast...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I'll talk about the App I down loaded to my phone last week.  It's called Google fit and it's free.  It measures all sorts of things but I just wanted to know how may steps a day I walk and how far that is.  I set my goal for 12,000 steps thinking that even a lazy person walks that much.  Guess what.  The first day I walked just 5000.  The second day just 6.000. The third day over 7,000.  Red and I have been out moving this morning and I have already taken 5.300 steps and walked 1.9 miles.

I'm torn right now.  I'd like to go to the store down the road and get some 2 stroke oil and see if the chain saw will crank.  It always has in the past, but there is nothing that frustrates me more than pulling that damn cord over and over and over with any vroom vroom.  The saw hasn't been cranked for two years.
Always move forward. Never look back.

BallAquatics

Passwords 101

• Mathematically, the LENGTH of your password is exponentially more important than the complexity of the character-set used.

• ANY complexity rule, to include defining a required number of numbers, letters, specials, etc., actually increases a password?s ability to be cracked.

Dennis

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on September 19, 2016, 11:10:37 AM
A silent crew today!

...get yourself a nice TV for the new addition.....32" wall mount should work fine... |^|   but on football days....just get there first and put on the earliest pre game show you can find....LOL.....reserve it   LOL

Yes, we're looking forward to the new NCIS season tomorrow night as well.....I'm sure that it'll be fine...but if they lose more key characters like McGee/Abby/Ducky.....I'm afraid the great run will be over for sure....at least for me anyways.....

The new season of 'Longmire' begins this week on Netflix too.....good show....brilliant cast...

Already set...Brought the 40" for me for the new room |^|!!!!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 19, 2016, 11:13:13 AM
I'll talk about the App I down loaded to my phone last week.  It's called Google fit and it's free.  It measures all sorts of things but I just wanted to know how may steps a day I walk and how far that is.  I set my goal for 12,000 steps thinking that even a lazy person walks that much.  Guess what.  The first day I walked just 5000.  The second day just 6.000. The third day over 7,000.  Red and I have been out moving this morning and I have already taken 5.300 steps and walked 1.9 miles.

I'm torn right now.  I'd like to go to the store down the road and get some 2 stroke oil and see if the chain saw will crank.  It always has in the past, but there is nothing that frustrates me more than pulling that damn cord over and over and over with any vroom vroom.  The saw hasn't been cranked for two years.

Suggestion....walk to the store to get you 12,000 steps in for the day!!! 8)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BallAquatics

Quote from: Ron Sower on September 19, 2016, 11:20:29 AM
Suggestion....walk to the store to get you 12,000 steps in for the day!!! 8)

My thoughts too.  It won't matter if you pull the rope or not by then.....   huh

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on September 19, 2016, 11:19:00 AM
A silent crew today!

Wall hang it........save space for a tank(s)... |^|
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on September 19, 2016, 11:28:25 AM
Quote from: Ron Sower on September 19, 2016, 11:19:00 AM
A silent crew today!

Wall hang it........save space for a tank(s)... |^|

That's the plan!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wallace

When I was a little kid my dad had a lawnmower that wouldn't start. After yanking on it for a while he got mad, He grabbed it by the handle and swung it around and tossed it so hard it flew over the neighbor's fence. Dad went in the house and I stayed in the yard. I will never forget the look on the neighbor's face as he peeped over the top of the fence to see where the lawnmower came from.
Dan

wallace

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 19, 2016, 11:13:13 AM

I have a chain saw that I'd like to see how far I can throw it. Every year its a pain in the ass to start, so I drop it off at the small engine guy who has the patience I lack.

But before you do that, my suggestion is to turn it upside down and pour out the old gas, then put 1/2 cup of pure gas in it, shake it to rinse then pour that out. Now put new mix in it and try starting it. If that doesn't work I unscrew the spark plug and put around 1/4 teaspoon of mix in the hole, put plug back in & try. If that won't do it you at least tried.
Dan

LizStreithorst

Thanks Dan.  I did that and it the pouring out of the old, and cleaning it it out with the new.  It didn't crank.  I suppose the carburetor needs a rebuild because it has had that old crap sitting in it for 2 years.  There's also a hole in the rubber bubble you push to prime it.  Meece, I imagine...I'll take it into a shop with a good reputation tomorrow.  I'll clean up debris that I've been ignoring today.  We've had rain so I can haul it to the burn pile and have a great conflagration.

LizStreithorst

1018 lousy steps so far and it's after 3 O'clock!  I'm certain that my steps were worth more than 2 1/2 miles of just steps.  My steps involved a lot more muscle work than a simple walk.  My upper body is letting me know that it got a work out.  It's a good hurt.

I still have WC to do.  That counts as lots of easy steps.  Then it will be cooler and I will be able to put  in more mowing steps.  Boy oh boy, did I ever have a fiery blaze.  I've been piling stuff up waiting for it to rain.   We finally had a couple of decent rains.

LizStreithorst

I mowed more.  Red and I both get satisfaction from mowing.  I ended up with 13,700 steps.  Most of my steps involved upper body stuff.  I'm tuckered and dirty but I sure do feel good.  If I did this every day I'd be close to strong again.