• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 01:56:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 149
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 143
Total: 144

Simply

Started by LizStreithorst, September 14, 2016, 03:52:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Sometimes the place makes me crazy.  I try to do good there and keep out of trouble but I don't always manage to do it :-[  I ran across this post and it was one of those "couldn't help myself" times.  I reported my last post which I always do to give the mods a "heads up" when I think I may have been too blunt.  I tried to word everything kindly.  It was not easy.  I said what I had to say.  I offered a bit of advice.  I think that my post might stand.  It will depend on which mod or admin is on duty.  If whoever is on is unsure they get together in the Mod's area and discuss it.
http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?125792-Dark-Angel-only-using-right-gill-Video
Always move forward. Never look back.

BillT

I think you worry too much about how they are going to take your comments.
They seem blunt to me but OK. But I consider blunt good.
Also concise, which I also consider good.

wsantia1

I think you gave him good solid feedback. Those discus are in poor shape.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

..yup....they need to know the truth even if it hurts.........seems Al and several others agree with you too...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wallace

I think they will let it stand. Its hard to find the right tone sometimes. And I would isolate the sickies too, thats constructive feedback isn't it?
Dan

LizStreithorst

It's ongoing.  I hate this.  I've warned the mods and admins 3 times now!  Everything I said is still there.  My last post was more forceful.

wallace

Liz, I haven't seen a mod around at all since I got home...
Dan

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 14, 2016, 05:50:01 PM
It's ongoing.  I hate this.  I've warned the mods and admins 3 times now!  Everything I said is still there.  My last post was more forceful.

...chill...ya know they'd react if someone didn't like it.....all's good |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on September 14, 2016, 06:07:34 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 14, 2016, 05:50:01 PM

...chill...ya know they'd react if someone didn't like it.....all's good |^|

It looks like the thread has been closed.
Willie

LizStreithorst

I know.  It was at the request of the OP.  I broke no rules and was not censured.  I'm content with this outcome.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 14, 2016, 07:09:21 PM
I know.  It was at the request of the OP.  I broke no rules and was not censured.  I'm content with this outcome.

|^| w!w |^|
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on September 14, 2016, 07:24:07 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 14, 2016, 07:09:21 PM

|^| w!w |^|

|^| |^| |^|
Willie

LizStreithorst

I wasn't quite right.  The owner of Simply PM'd me.  He told me that although I report my posts that I think might  ignite a fire, if I think that if I might ignite one I should not post at all.  I broke no rules but I was given a talking to.  I'm back on the radar more than I was before.

If I break no rules I should be free to put an ignorant guy with a big head in his place.  I make more work for the mods but it's their job to moderate me, even more so because  I report my questionable  posts to them and ask them to watch the thread.\

If I don't do it, nobody will.  They've either banned or trained all the other experienced Discus keepers with strong opinions.  They have a very cozy relationship with NADA that gripes my ass. 

I'm the "Mama Bear" there.  I'm "Live with you arms wide open" here.  Weird, huh?

wallace

Its too bad Mat is banned... there is hardly any moderation needed when its toned down all the time.

There are hardly any experts posting anymore....you and Larry is about it.  I saw a post where Hans was ticked and told Al that all the experts would leave and the forum would be the know-nothings talking to the know-nothings. That was about 3 years ago.
Dan

LizStreithorst

You have no idea of how much I miss Mat. He was banned due to the Barbie doll thread.  I have no idea how to contact him.  I thought that he'd be judging at NADA but they were working with newer judges.

If you can fins  Hansie's thread  where he got pissed I would love for you to send me the link.

Larry Bugg is someone I admire and respect.  It makes feel better that I know he respects and accepts me.  He is one of very few.  Others consider me flawed huh