• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 06:13:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 152
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 142
Total: 142

Great news

Started by LizStreithorst, September 02, 2016, 07:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

A miracle has occurred.

After Big Boy spawned with my RSG female I removed them to a breeding tank.  Then one of the other two males spawned with the Blue SS.  I gave them a love nest.  I noticed that the remaining two males in the 100 gallon were hanging together more closely than two males normally would.  I took a closer look and although the underlines were similar one had a somewhat pointed dorsal and the other's was more rounded.  I thought, "Well, they might be a pair, but it's not likely".

Then the miracle happened.  They started pecking at the cone and vibrating to one another!  Every fish that I got from Ryan has paired with a fish from Ryan.  I never expected this and neither did he.  The auction fish were big but they were young and just not ready until now.  I cannot express my delight.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 02, 2016, 07:08:41 PM
A miracle has occurred.

After Big Boy spawned with my RSG female I removed them to a breeding tank.  Then one of the other two males spawned with the Blue SS.  I gave them a love nest.  I noticed that the remaining two males in the 100 gallon were hanging together more closely than two males normally would.  I took a closer look and although the underlines were similar one had a somewhat pointed dorsal and the other's was more rounded.  I thought, "Well, they might be a pair, but it's not likely".

Then the miracle happened.  They started pecking at the cone and vibrating to one another!  Every fish that I got from Ryan has paired with a fish from Ryan.  I never expected this and neither did he.  The auction fish were big but they were young and just not ready until now.  I cannot express my delight.

Discus babies !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....yahooooooooo  |^| w!w |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 02, 2016, 07:08:41 PM
A miracle has occurred.

Great news indeed Liz. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

wallace

Its all coming together now. Those tanks will be jampacked with fry.  |^|
Dan

BallAquatics

Very nice Liz.  A well deserved reward.   ;)

Dennis