• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 09:28:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,251
  • Total Topics: 18,511
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 162
Total: 163

So tell me Charlotte....

Started by Mugwump, August 31, 2016, 07:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlotte

Oh my word,  I feel wonderful!!!  Mom found a spot of shade where she gave me a lovely bath.  She bathed me in stuff that doesn't strip my wax like that nasty car-wash soap can.  She dried me with a chamois and got off the bit of moisture left on me with some human made thing which dries on one side and is microfiber on the other huh  Then she made me feel all slippery and look even more beautiful by using something called Speed Shine on me.  It's a product meant to be used when it's winter or raining and your vehicle needs washing but you can't do it.  Mom has used it that way before.  It works well!  But she found out on her own that works even better when she uses it on me after I've been bathed and dried.  She sprays it on me one section at a time, spreads it around with a microfiber cloth and then buffs if off with another microfiber cloth.  Man oh man, it makes me look and feel like a million bucks.  It even smells good, which is nice for mom.

I won't bitch her out about not cleaning my glass and using Rain Ex on my windshield, or putting the shiny black stuff on my tires, or spiffing up my wheels with aluminum wheel cleaner, or vacuuming my inside, or washing my floor mats, or using Amoral on my vinyl.  She's not like me...She's only human.  She does the best she can and she made me feel great.
Keep on Truckin'

GeorgeG

Since I know nothing about Charlotte other than she is a S-10 maybe you would find your A/C kit here

http://www.discountacparts.com/Chevrolet/S10_Truck/AC_Kit.html

LizStreithorst

George, what you don't understand is that Charlotte was made not to accept a standard S-10 AC.  My carpenter bought her from an old boss of his who had bought a bunch of them for his large crew.  He bought the cheapest, most basic S-10's available.  My carpenter is the one that found an aftermarket AC that would work in her.  He was able to find it at the Chevy dealership but that was a long time ago.  They are no longer available at dealerships.  Finding a re-manufactured one like Charlotte has involves a lot of searching.  I'd buy a spare one to have on hand if I could since it seems that they are more rare than hen's teeth. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Charlotte on September 07, 2016, 07:06:52 PM
Oh my word,  I feel wonderful!!!  Mom found a spot of shade where she gave me a lovely bath.  She bathed me in stuff that doesn't strip my wax like that nasty car-wash soap can.  She dried me with a chamois and got off the bit of moisture left on me with some human made thing which dries on one side and is microfiber on the other huh  Then she made me feel all slippery and look even more beautiful by using something called Speed Shine on me.  It's a product meant to be used when it's winter or raining and your vehicle needs washing but you can't do it.  Mom has used it that way before.  It works well!  But she found out on her own that works even better when she uses it on me after I've been bathed and dried.  She sprays it on me one section at a time, spreads it around with a microfiber cloth and then buffs if off with another microfiber cloth.  Man oh man, it makes me look and feel like a million bucks.  It even smells good, which is nice for mom.

I won't bitch her out about not cleaning my glass and using Rain Ex on my windshield, or putting the shiny black stuff on my tires, or spiffing up my wheels with aluminum wheel cleaner, or vacuuming my inside, or washing my floor mats, or using Amoral on my vinyl.  She's not like me...She's only human.  She does the best she can and she made me feel great.

Charlotte, my love...It does my heart good to have made you happy.  I'm taking a bath now.  I want to feel wonderful, too!

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

In the first place Charlotte is an '89.  In the second place, she was built not to accept an AC at all.  Everything about her is different that every other S-10 because absolutely nobody who buys one for personal use buys the cheapest most basic thing.  Even her gas tank is smaller, 13 gallons rather that 22.  A compressor for a Chevy S-10 will not fit.

Everyone thinks that it should be easy.  BJ was sure that he could find a compressor for her but he could not.  When Chip ordered her fuel pump so I could have a working gas gauge the place sent one for a normal S-10 and it did not fit.  Even the engine rebuilding place didn't have her engine in stock.  BJ had to send them Charlotte's broken heart and had them rebuild it and send it back.  Charlotte isn't normal.  She's different.  I think that's why we have become so attached to one another.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 07, 2016, 07:37:34 PM
In the first place Charlotte is an '89.  In the second place, she was built not to accept an AC at all.  Everything about her is different that every other S-10 because absolutely nobody who buys one for personal use buys the cheapest most basic thing.  Even her gas tank is smaller, 13 gallons rather that 22.  A compressor for a Chevy S-10 will not fit.

Everyone thinks that it should be easy.  BJ was sure that he could find a compressor for her but he could not.  When Chip ordered her fuel pump so I could have a working gas gauge the place sent one for a normal S-10 and it did not fit.  Even the engine rebuilding place didn't have her engine in stock.  BJ had to send them Charlotte's broken heart and had them rebuild it and send it back.  Charlotte isn't normal.  She's different.  I think that's why we have become so attached to one another.

that link was for aftermarket units.....

then it's this one...

http://www.discountacparts.com/partsdisplay~year~1998~make~Chevrolet~model~Pick-up_Truck.asp
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Jon

LizStreithorst

I'll forward the links on to Chip.

GeorgeG

Post the VIN number for that truck. Working as the StoreKeeper for the Post Office all I do all day is buy automotive parts for every vehicle the P.O has. Just so you know if you were living in town all those small mail delivery trucks are S-10 with just a different body on it and they don't have A/C either. They are old beginning in 1987 to 1999. I have ton's of contacts I am sure I can find you and aftermarket unit. I found one for a 42Chevy and they did not make A/C back then. And if you ever need a engine or transmission again we get all ours from Axion Automotive (TranStar Industries) and Jasper Engines.

LizStreithorst

Wow, thank you George.  I'll do it as soon as I'm more awake.  I'll copy it wrong if I do it now while I'm still half asleep.

LizStreithorst

GeorgeG

Got itI sent myself an email so I have it at work

LizStreithorst

Mugwump

+1... |^|..I love it when a plan comes together.. 8)
Jon