• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 09:30:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 138
Total: 138

So tell me Charlotte....

Started by Mugwump, August 31, 2016, 07:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

.....how's things in the sticks?....keeping the mud off your fine looking chassis ?.....humma humma... 8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Charlotte

Why thank you for thinking of me Mr. Mugwump, sir.  I'm doing well although I've been feeling a bit neglected lately.  Mom's been preoccupied with those stupid fish and I haven't had a bath in 3 weeks!   My chasis is clean because we have had no rain here in the sticks. 

Mom promises she'll give me a good cleaning inside and out this weekend.  She did buy me a new fuel pump.  I was happy with my old one because it worked fine.  This new one is nice, though.  It makes me smile to know how happy mom is when she can see how much gas I have left in me.  (I'll need more by Saturday)

It's been extremely hot down south here.  It doesn't bother me in the least but mom is suffering because I'm so old that nobody can find a compressor to fit me.  She knows it's not my fault, but I know that if she had a sexy Fiat Abarth, all modern with bells and whistles she be driving it now.  She tries to keep these things from me because I'm bad to get my feelings hurt, but I know my mother well enough to be able to read her mind.
Keep on Truckin'

Mugwump

...It's nice to hear that you've got a clean up coming soon......make sure she scrubs your mats too... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Charlotte

I can't "make sure" that she will do anything for me.  I know what she's in the mood to help me with, though.  I can't make an AC compressor for myself.  I cannot bathe myself.  I'm afraid that I can do nothing for myself.  I would if I could.

I can read mom's mind, though.  I know that I will be my beautiful self soon, inside and out. I was never vain until mom came along.  I thought of myself as a broken down truck with a fine body.  Since mom bought me I think that I'm a big deal.  I shouldn't feel that way but I do.
Keep on Truckin'

Mugwump

Jon

LizStreithorst

This is Liz.

I will ask Chip.  I will ask the guys across the street who replaced her heart, too.  The thing is that Charlotte was not designed for an AC from the get go.  She was the most basic S-10 that was made. She has one  belt that runs everything.  Chip said that he found an AC that would fit her but it required a V belt.  It's worth perusing, though.  My fine lady gets me back and forth like a champ but it's hard suffering in the heat driving home when the AC in my shop can't keep it cool enough for comfort after around noon.  My clipper vac even turns itself off automatically because it gets too hot to keep running!

That damn truck of mine has a loose tongue.  She is also way insecure.  Other than that she is great.  I can't afford an Abarth (well I suppose I could but Charlotte does me just fine.)  Yes, I would love a tiny sexy sports car but I can do without a black Fiat Abarth with a touch or red trim.  Charlotte takes care of me.
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

I scrolled down the list of compressors and found one that looked like mine, to me.  It said that it would fit S-10's from "87 to '91.  I emailed the link to chip this morning and stopped by his shop to find out what he said.  Alas, he said that it wouldn't fit because Charlotte's was an aftermarket one, that Charlotte herself was not designed for the S-10 AC.  Then he did more work.  He found a sticker on the back side of the broken compressor.  He couldn't read it, but he went into the shop and came back with this tiny little light on the a want with a cord that plugged into a moniter.  The monitor read what the light saw and wrote it down on the monitor.  (I was very impressed).

All it said was Remanufactured USA.  He looked up Remanufactured USA up on his lap top.  It's a business name!  He found Charlotte's compressor ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  It was out of stock :( :( :( :( :(  But Chip got my phone number so I know that he will peruse this, even if he has to pull the existing compressor off and make a fix so the pully that runs the belt will function correctly while he sends off Charlotte's broken compressor to be re-manufactured. 

Charlotte

Mom, mom, mom...I was right there and heard everything.  I wondered what that tiny bright light was that came down and tickled me. 

Personally I am as happy without an AC as I am with one.  The same was the case with the gas gauge.  But I notice how much you love my gas gauge, and know how much you had to spend to get it.   I'm sure you'll love being cool inside me even more.  If you can do things with me that make you more pleased with be do them.  Making you happy is my goal in life.

Now, I need to bitch you out >:(  You promised me a bath last weekend.  I was good.  I hauled all that nasty lumber to the burn pile for you with out a word of complaint.  I know you were tired from working in the hot sun and that you were tired the next day when we hauled the final big load.  But I didn't get my bath.  Let me tell you something you should know without being told.  When you work hard in the hot sun beer alone does no re-hydrate you.  It actually makes it worse!  I swear, I know you're not stupid and you know that I love you, but sometimes you act stupid.  You know it's so...
Keep on Truckin'

Mugwump

Quote from: Charlotte on September 07, 2016, 02:47:46 PM
Mom, mom, mom...I was right there and heard everything.  I wondered what that tiny bright light was that came down and tickled me. 

Personally I am as happy without an AC as I am with one.  The same was the case with the gas gauge.  But I notice how much you love my gas gauge, and know how much you had to spend to get it.   I'm sure you'll love being cool inside me even more.  If you can do things with me that make you more pleased with be do them.  Making you happy is my goal in life.

Now, I need to bitch you out >:(  You promised me a bath last weekend.  I was good.  I hauled all that nasty lumber to the burn pile for you with out a word of complaint.  I know you were tired from working in the hot sun and that you were tired the next day when we hauled the final big load.  But I didn't get my bath.  Let me tell you something you should know without being told.  When you work hard in the hot sun beer alone does no re-hydrate you.  It actually makes it worse!  I swear, I know you're not stupid and you know that I love you, but sometimes you act stupid.  You know it's so...

....plus the hose water would cool her off, huh?.....I hope you get your wish Charlotte....and with the radio going too... |^|
Jon

wallace

Charlotte, try to be patient with Mom, she has been busy and if she can find a compressor she won't use as much foul language and sweat on your seat.
Dan

LizStreithorst

Charlotte is right, gentlemen.  Wallace, if she weren't patient with me she's have found a way to break down on me yesterday and today.  I broke my promise to her :-[  Most all of her working parts have been rebuilt, but she's resourceful.  I'm sure that she could fine something old that could break and leave me stranded.  I need to bathe her at least by the weekend.  Perhaps I'll do it today after WC and cooking and eating.  It MUST be done this weekend.  No later!  The love bugs are out in full force in Ellisville, although not 12 miles down the road in Moselle huh  If they're left on for long they eat through the paint!!!!!

I don't guess you Yankees or west coast guys get love bugs, do you?  You never see a lone love bug.  You see pairs stuck together at the butt.  At least they die happy ;)

Mugwump

Love bugs don't make it this far north.....but we get some nice June bugs....LOL..and box elder bugs.....want some?  huh
Jon

wallace

I spent a summer in Maryland when I was 15 and saw lightning bugs for the first time, I couldn't believe it. We occasionally see these flat green beetles stuck together... but they don't get stuck to the car.

Another shocking thing about Maryland was the humidity. I don't know how you can stand it living in a steam bath like that. I tried to mow the lawn and the grass just got all gummed up around the blade.

Dan

LizStreithorst

I lived in Maryland, too.  I swear, it was more humid there than it is here.  There's no such thing as 120% humidity except in Maryland.  And OMG the gnats!!!!!  If hadn't been an active out of doors kid,  I'd have spent the entire summer inside.

Mugwump

Quote from: wallace on September 07, 2016, 05:45:01 PM
I spent a summer in Maryland when I was 15 and saw lightning bugs for the first time, I couldn't believe it. We occasionally see these flat green beetles stuck together... but they don't get stuck to the car.

Another shocking thing about Maryland was the humidity. I don't know how you can stand it living in a steam bath like that. I tried to mow the lawn and the grass just got all gummed up around the blade.

We get lots of lightening bugs...the yard will look as if it's raining tiny lights but up from the grass....very pretty...as kids we catch 'em and put then in jars to put on our dressers so we could watch them as we fell asleep....
Jon