• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 18, 2024, 10:54:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 276
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 111
Total: 111

Kate has blood in her pee

Started by LizStreithorst, August 21, 2016, 03:58:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Kate is my fat, obese, worthless Jack Russell.  She's been an in the house shitter and pisser for a year.  The pooing inside was easy to fix.  The peeing has been more difficult.  She knows that she shouldn't but sometimes she does.  She has gotten way better since I have taken her out with me to pee together.  She know's what "Kate, let's go pee" means.  I told her that just now and we did and the poor fat thing had a pee with blood in it.  I am worried.  I need to catch a pee from her tonight or tomorrow, put it in the fridge and take the her and the blood pee to the vet tomorrow and leave her there.

She may be fat and old, but she's mine.  She's great in bed.  When I overwork my back she puts her weight against it with her back and I feel much better the next morning, so I suppose she is not worthless after all.

If it's normal blood in pee it will just take antibiotics and the vets will fix it.

All my dogs are old.  It's depressing to know what is to come.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 21, 2016, 03:58:48 PM
Kate is my fat, obese, worthless Jack Russell.  She's been an in the house shitter and pisser for a year.  The pooing inside was easy to fix.  The peeing has been more difficult.  She knows that she shouldn't but sometimes she does.  She has gotten way better since I have taken her out with me to pee together.  She know's what "Kate, let's go pee" means.  I told her that just now and we did and the poor fat thing had a pee with blood in it.  I am worried.  I need to catch a pee from her tonight or tomorrow, put it in the fridge and take the her and the blood pee to the vet tomorrow and leave her there.

She may be fat and old, but she's mine.  She's great in bed.  When I overwork my back she puts her weight against it with her back and I feel much better the next morning, so I suppose she is not worthless after all.

If it's normal blood in pee it will just take antibiotics and the vets will fix it.

All my dogs are old.  It's depressing to know what is to come.

Sorry to hear about Kate, Liz. My JRT Kobe had blood in his urine a few weeks ago and it was just a bladder infection. The antibiotics cleared it up. I hope it is the same for you and Kate.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

...sorry to hear about Kate....I hope it's something that med's can fix...... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on August 21, 2016, 04:11:19 PM
...sorry to hear about Kate....I hope it's something that med's can fix...... |^|
Me too, Liiz!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BallAquatics

Here's wishing Kate a very speedy recovery.

Dennis

LizStreithorst

We're back from the vets.  I had planned on leaving her because we didn't have an appointment.  On my way out I stopped by the work room to say hi to the vets and Dr. Karen asked me what was up.  When I told her she gave me 3 options.  I decided to go with the least expensive which is antibiotics and an anti-inflammatory.  If she doesn't get better or this happens again I'll persue the more expensive options.

Mugwump

The med's should likely work well... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

How's little Kate doing?......better I hope... |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

Much better, thanks.  She can still be an inside throw rug pisser when I'm at work but that is laziness related not infection related.

wsantia1

Glad to hear she feels better Liz.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

Yes, that's great news.  Things are looking up down at Liz's....  new mower, new tank racks, dogs on the mend.  You must be living right girl!

Dennis

LizStreithorst

Thanks, dear.  I do my best.  My trick to semi-happiness is to take it as it comes, deal with it, and to try to look forward rather than back.  Sometimes it takes a long time to quit looking back.