• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 01:51:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 276
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 112
Total: 112

Happy St Pat's.....corned beef is cooking...

Started by Mugwump, March 17, 2013, 09:06:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

The corned beef is in the slow cooker and it's starting to smell pretty good in here...LOL..bacon for breakfast, and now the corned beef, the 'boys' and da 'girls' are parked near the kitchen... ;D I think they enjoy the smell as much as I do... ;D

...Later we're off to #1 son's, #1 son's birthday....it's at the bowling alley...LOL...all the g'kids will be ripping them down the lanes.....oh boy.....LOL...chaos at it's finest... ;D...love it, we sit back and watch the parents scramble all over....he he.....happy happy joy joy...... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Frank The Plumber

Irish eat lamb on St. Patricks Day. Lamb and Irish potatoes with carrots.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Happy St. Pat's Day.  ;D

The bowling alley/kids experience sounds like tons of fun.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BallAquatics

Happy St. Patty's day everyone! 

We had our corned beef last week in the form of reuben sandwichs.

Dennis

LizStreithorst

I cooked my corned beef in the oven for 9 hrs at 200 degrees.  When I sampled it, it was rather tasteless.  I don't know if it was my method or the fact that you can't buy a decent corned beef down south.  I put in a good dark beer with the liquid and added extra pickling spices.  Perhaps it will become more flavorful when I get hungry.  Next year I'll do lamb. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

BillT

I am not wearing any green, nor drinking any, but I may go get some onions, and tomato plants for the garden.
They are green (in more than one way).
And I will probably drink some beer later.

LizStreithorst

Onions are good to plant now.  You have to wait until the soil warms up more to plant tomatos.    Beer is good any time.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 17, 2013, 01:58:48 PM
I cooked my corned beef in the oven for 9 hrs at 200 degrees.  When I sampled it, it was rather tasteless.  I don't know if it was my method or the fact that you can't buy a decent corned beef down south.  I put in a good dark beer with the liquid and added extra pickling spices.  Perhaps it will become more flavorful when I get hungry.  Next year I'll do lamb.

Did you have it covered with water/liquid ??....they do need to simmer....
Jon

LizStreithorst

Yes totally covered with liquid.  Not everything I make turns out to my satisfaction. 

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 17, 2013, 04:23:18 PM
Yes totally covered with liquid.  Not everything I make turns out to my satisfaction.

LOL...been there too.....
Jon

Mugwump

Hmmmm...looks like someone was here looking for me gold ????

Jon

Frank The Plumber

No liquid on the Corned beef. You take the brisket and you seal it on all sides in the fry pan slightly.Not a hard seal just a bit of a browning to keep in the salts. Put in a half bottle of Harp Ale in the bottom and put on the cover. Cook til tender then let it sit until room temperature. You have to find the grain and cut across it just right to keep it from being chewy. I make a nice stew from lamb shoulder. Brisket is for the Yanks Grams would say.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?