• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 09:23:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 199
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 150
Total: 151

Feeding time!!!

Started by BallAquatics, July 23, 2016, 05:37:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

These albino long fin Ancistrus are around a month old.  They seem to like Repashy Soilent Green gel food.  The gel piece is about the size of a quarter coin and about 1/4 inch thick.

https://youtu.be/vCZFquCZ6tA

I think the gel has a 'mouth feel' that the fish really like.  This is the same gel I fed to the PetSmart $1 Otocinclus when I got them to spawn.

Maybe tonight, I'll video their older siblings eating.  Being much larger, they are quite entertaining to watch feed.   ;D

Dennis

Mugwump

...LOL.....35 minutes... huh...great vid, they are chow hounds, huh?....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on July 23, 2016, 05:50:33 AM
...LOL.....35 minutes...

Yep, I just set-up the tripod and started the video.  Went on to feed the rest of the fish and when I was finished came back and turned off the camera.  Looked like many of them were full by then anyway  LOL

Dennis

wsantia1

Quote from: BallAquatics on July 23, 2016, 06:05:52 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on July 23, 2016, 05:50:33 AM
...LOL.....35 minutes...

Yep, I just set-up the tripod and started the video.  Went on to feed the rest of the fish and when I was finished came back and turned off the camera.  Looked like many of them were full by then anyway  LOL

Dennis

Great video. I am going to order some of this stuff. |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

Quote from: wsantia1 on July 23, 2016, 06:28:56 AM
I am going to order some of this stuff. |^| |^| |^|

Willie, if you order through Stephan, tell him Dennis sent you.  LOL  Might be a good time to try out those cube filters too and save on shipping.

Dennis

wsantia1

Quote from: BallAquatics on July 23, 2016, 06:39:34 AM

Willie, if you order through Stephan, tell him Dennis sent you.  LOL  Might be a good time to try out those cube filters too and save on shipping.

Dennis

Thanks Dennis, I will do that.
Willie

wsantia1

Quote from: wsantia1 on July 23, 2016, 11:33:35 AM
Quote from: BallAquatics on July 23, 2016, 06:39:34 AM

Dennis

I'm going to order 2 of those 5 inch cubes with the jet lifters and the 12 ounce gel food from Stephan. I won't order until Tuesday because that's when the new cycle starts on the CC I have assigned to Paypal. lol

Thanks Dennis, I will do that.
Willie

BallAquatics

Cool.  I hope you like it all as much as I do.   8)

Dennis