• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 23, 2024, 06:29:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,309
  • Total Topics: 18,528
  • Online today: 106
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 108
Total: 108

Cory spawn...

Started by Mugwump, July 22, 2016, 01:16:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

This group had a much smaller clutch the first time around, but Jan spotted the latest one this morn'n...so she scrapped em off, and we set up a 2 1/2 gal for them.....might be close to 75-100  huh

I guess we're back in the cory business....LOL  |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Mugwump

I have a couple around here somewhere......never really liked em for angel fry.....but thanks, might set one up and see how it does with cory eggs... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

greydragon

what all do you feed the baby kitties?lol

Mugwump

Quote from: greydragon on July 22, 2016, 03:14:22 PM
what all do you feed the baby kitties?lol

micro worms, egg foo young, guppy magic, bbs....anything small and fine.....even a seasoned leaf has micro small food on it
Jon

BallAquatics

Can you guess what these have been munching on???

I think it's cute, they don't even have color in their tail section yet, but they have nice big whiskers (barbels).

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on July 22, 2016, 04:57:11 PM
Can you guess what these have been munching on???

I think it's cute, they don't even have color in their tail section yet, but they have nice big whiskers (barbels).

Dennis

...great pic !!!  |^|
Jon

Mugwump

...eggs still looking good  |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|....
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on July 23, 2016, 09:16:40 AM
...eggs still looking good  |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|....

Congrats.  |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| I have to gather up some of my cories and put them in one tank so they can get busy. I have them in Angel tanks and I never see any eggs. lol  huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on July 23, 2016, 09:26:25 AMI have to gather up some of my cories and put them in one tank so they can get busy. I have them in Angel tanks and I never see any eggs. lol  huh

Hmmm....wonder why?  :D :D :D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on July 23, 2016, 09:31:14 AM
Quote from: wsantia1 on July 23, 2016, 09:26:25 AMI have to gather up some of my cories and put them in one tank so they can get busy. I have them in Angel tanks and I never see any eggs. lol  huh

Hmmm....wonder why? :D :D :D

LOLOLOLOL..... |^|
Jon

Mugwump

They're up and all over the place....zip zip zoom zip.... |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|

Might be one of the bigger cory spawns that we've had around here...

I keep telling folks not to remove the fuzzy mulm too soon....the newly hatched eat that junk....I'm sure of it....I left it in there, and when I saw loads of fry this morning...poofed it with the baster...a gazzilion more came out...LOL.....so I carefully removed the mulm junk to a white plastic bucket....then grabbed another 15-20 out of there... |^|...I added a bunch of fresh duckweed to the 2 1/2 and they're merrily running around eating from the microbe debris......bit again added just a hint of banana worms....they're going for that too................so far, so good...

got a couple vids, but it only shows a sampling of the amount of fry in there....a touch blurry in spots..couldn't get the distance right when trying to show them more closely....

Jon

Rjb3

When I raised a lot of Cory fry I used the corner filters that were corrugated foam, not flat. They liked to hide under them.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on July 25, 2016, 09:01:38 AM
When I raised a lot of Cory fry I used the corner filters that were corrugated foam, not flat. They liked to hide under them.

I have a couple of the old 'jungle' filters.....small/round/flat.....that'll go in later today....they hide under those too..... |^|....LOL lift it up and they scurry everywhere...fun to watch....makes me chuckle  |^|
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on July 25, 2016, 09:12:21 AM
Quote from: Rjb3 on July 25, 2016, 09:01:38 AM

I have a couple of the old 'jungle' filters.....small/round/flat.....that'll go in later today....they hide under those too..... |^|....LOL lift it up and they scurry everywhere...fun to watch....makes me chuckle  |^|

I have a small triangle shaped jungle filter that is in my old equipment box. lol
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.