• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu

A new partner

Started by GraphicGr8s, July 11, 2016, 02:23:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GraphicGr8s

Since I went up north for my nieces wedding and vacation I haven't been on much. Up in the camp grounds there was no wi fi. There was no cell phone connectivity. Even after leaving there on the 12th I still didn't have a device to connect. So alas I've not been here much. And truth be told I haven't been on much of any forum or facebook since I got back. And I kind of like that.

Friday night I wanted to go fishing. At the Skyway Fishing Pier. The "Skyway" as it's known was hit by a freighter in 1980 and took out the main span. Yes. People died. They've built a new bridge and fortunately they listened and made two long piers out of the causeways that led to the original bridge. There was a west and an east side to the north and south route. The east causeway on both the north and south piers are deteriorating and are therefore closed. The west causeways make the north and south fishing piers. Five miles apart.

Anyway back to the story.
I went fishing Friday night. Little G wanted to go. So I took him. What a trooper. He stayed up with me fishing until we left at 3. In the morning.

Saturday we had a family reunion on the wife's side. Was supposed to be at my house but one of the nieces volunteered. (Good thing since she has a nice pool and a larger house) Now her house is closer to the Skyway. So about 8 pm Little G and me went back to the Skyway. Out there until 1 am but he was beat after hours in the pool so about 11 he fell asleep in his fold up chair while I kept drowning dead bait.
While we got skunked (both nights) he's anxious to go again.

I've got myself a great fishing buddy is all I can say.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

Mugwump

..it certainly sounds like it.....these will be times you'll remember forever.. |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

What a good companion each of you have!!!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

GraphicGr8s

Went out again a couple Fridays ago. This time we got ourselves a 3' bonnet head. Little G was right on the money with what I asked for. He went across the pier and got the bridge net. Then held the rod while I go the net ready and lowered it down. Listened to everything I said and we had shark for dinner Sunday. Made me proud and I told him so.

Saturday night was a dud however. Well except for the jumper. Saw the marine patrol go across to the middle of the bridge then all the emergency vehicles go up to center span.

Wonder if the guy that it was a bad idea half way down?

And now I have another problem. Seems my addiction has resurfaced.
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.

Mugwump

..the little guy catches on quickly....cool  |^|

..how long a drive to get there to fish?....it must be fairly close?.....any smaller lake fishing in your immediate area ?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: Mugwump on August 03, 2016, 01:30:17 PM
..the little guy catches on quickly....cool  |^|

..how long a drive to get there to fish?....it must be fairly close?.....any smaller lake fishing in your immediate area ?

My house to the Skyway pier is one hour. 99$ of it is highway and it's close to Ft Desoto another spot I love to fish and also one of Dr. Beach's winners.

We watch fishing shows and tournaments together and I have asked him about freshwater. He seems to want to go. I live in Land O lakes. I even have lake access across the street. I mow the access. Damn lake is so overgrown I can't get to the water anymore. And it does have a gator. I've gone canoeing and kayaking on it a few times years ago. Not bad. Just need a bush hog now.
When it cools down I will start looking into FW areas for us close by. Break out my Shimano BMag right handed reel. Now that is a rare reel. Don't have to switch hands like other baitcasters.