• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 04:37:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 130
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 148
Total: 148

New arrivals

Started by BallAquatics, June 20, 2016, 03:48:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

I noticed these guys the other day.....

https://youtu.be/c5ZPXYEjaQ4

I really need to set-up another tank for these and get in there and see just what the current population is for these L183's.  I picked these fish up at the BAP auction after the April 2013 CAFE club meeting, and they have been in this tank ever since.  Started with 6 juvies and I have seen fry on 3 or 4 separate occasions now...

Dennis

LizStreithorst

Congrats, nice snots |^| You only just noticed them now?  Those are not fry they're good sized juvies.  I always that you were adverse to substrate  but you have plants in there.  What are the plants?  How much attention have you paid to the tank to have just noticed them now?   

I've never succeeded in breeding the first snot.  It happened to other people all the time except Jon with George and Gracie.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

...those starlights are really nice.....  |^|...congrats !....let me know if you'll be parting with any.... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on June 20, 2016, 04:01:04 PM
...those starlights are really nice.....  |^|...congrats !....let me know if you'll be parting with any.... huh

Maybe we can horse trade some of these for some of those wild-type angels you have???   :P :P :P

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on June 20, 2016, 04:05:52 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on June 20, 2016, 04:01:04 PM

Maybe we can horse trade some of these for some of those wild-type angels you have???   :P :P :P

Dennis

.... ;D ;D ;D....sure can.. ;D ;D ;D.....but the fry here will need a bit more growing first... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on June 20, 2016, 04:24:23 PM
.... ;D ;D ;D....sure can.. ;D ;D ;D.....but the fry here will need a bit more growing first... |^|

Same here....  I'm thinking sometime this fall when the weather cools down.

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on June 20, 2016, 05:54:23 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on June 20, 2016, 04:24:23 PM

Same here....  I'm thinking sometime this fall when the weather cools down.

Dennis

I agree....these little ones should be a about right by then...
Jon

BallAquatics

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 20, 2016, 03:59:10 PM
Those are not fry they're good sized juvies.

They must look bigger in the video as they are only about 3/8 inch long.  I figure they have been out of the cave about a week.

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 20, 2016, 03:59:10 PM
I always that you were adverse to substrate  but you have plants in there.

That must be someone else as I have course black gravel in most of my tanks.  The plants are java fern and java moss.  The moss must have been a few sprigs stuck in the java fern roots that has grown into a huge mass.

Dennis

LizStreithorst

Sorry, Dennis.  I thought it was you that said that.  My bad.
Always move forward. Never look back.

BallAquatics

No need to be sorry Liz.  I sometimes grow out fry in a bare bottom tank, especially if they are bottom feeders, but I much prefer the look of gravel substrate and I think my Danionins do better with it as well.   ;)

Dennis