• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 18, 2024, 12:30:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 120
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 125
Total: 125

Chicken Soup

Started by LizStreithorst, March 12, 2013, 04:14:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Buy a chicken, cook it as you choose and eat the meat.  I took the easy way and bought a rotisserie chicken and made enchiladas and tacos.

Take the carcass after you have eaten all the meat and pick it clean of the little bits of meat that are left.  Put them back in the fridge.  Take the carcass, a quartered onion, a couple of carrots and a couple stalks of celery, an handful of fresh parsley and your favorite spice (I like thyme) and throw it all into a big pot of water.  Add salt and pepper.  Bring this to a boil and boil it for several hours.  Add more water when necessary.  When everything is soft and the flavor has been transferred to the liquid pour it through a colander saving the liquid.  Put the rest of the stuff on the dog's kibble.  They will love you.

Put the liquid back on the heat.  Add a chopped onion, a couple stalks of chopped celery, and your preferred.  starch.  I'm big on barley, but rice or noodles are good, too.  I imagine a chopped up potato would work, as well.   Bring to a boil and cook until the starch is nearly done, then add veggies galore.  Frozen is fine.  Add your chicken meat pickings that you reserved from the carcass.  Cook for another 20 minutes.

Thicken it up a bit by creaming butter in flour and put it in.  If it seems lacking in flavor add a splash of Worcestershire or a couple of splashes or Thai fish sauce or both.  Enjoy!
Always move forward. Never look back.

PaulineMi

Yum....that sounds great!

I put chicken carcass in the pressure cooker and use the softened bones and juice as dog food.  Looks like I'm missing out on keeping some broth for us.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Sounds delicious....I make something similar but I add noodles and tortellinis....either beef for cheese...sometimes some of each.....thanks, Liz.....

and now I need to make a pot full...LOL...got me hungry.. ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson