• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 09:33:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 218
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 173
Total: 173

Sick angel

Started by b125killer, March 09, 2013, 07:13:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b125killer

I went to feed the school today and I sen this girl in the corner by her self. She did come up and eat a little. Then I seen two white spots on her tail and a white spot on her back that was sticking out a little bit. I put her in the Q.T. tank. When I looked at he later in the day the spot on her back was gone. The two on her tale are still there, and There is a new one above here eye and there is a hole starting to grow on top of the spot near her eye. I got the heat turned up to 86 degrees i'm working on it to get it up to 89. I just don't want to crank it up all the way. I'm also treating her for protozoa. I'm thinking that she might have Hexamita. The good thing is the other fish in the tank seem to be ok. I'll have to wait and see.

Scott

Mugwump

Been checking your tank vitals..??....Ammonia, nitrates??....make sure to turn up the air with the added heat, hotter the water, the less oxygen.....spots look like ich??..the hole looks like a sore...lots of water changes will help a bunch too....lots, and at least 50%....that red nose reminds me of an ammonia burn..???....I got a bag last swap that the temps were exceeded and they were gasping, I almost missed it but Frank and Joel caught it....I aired the bags and cooled them, then added 'fresher' water...they still got a bit of ammonia burn before I could even get them home....sad....most have recovered with lots of fresh/clean water....lost a few tho...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

I just checked the water it looks good. PH 7.4, Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate 5.0 I was thinking Ick too. But it's not on any of the other fish. and other than the spots on the tail the spot by her eye sticks out. The sore on her head made me think of Hexamita. When the clown loaches had ich they looked like they had salt all over them. I would be happier if it is ick. I know how to treat that.
I always turn up the air when I bring the temps up that high. If it is ick it can't reproduce at 86 and dies at 89. She is in a ten gallon Q.T. tank and will get 50% water changes a day until she gets better or croaks. I'm just hoping that the others in her tank don't get it.
That's the tank I have the sunset in. I'm going to wait until I put him in a new tank with his new girl friend. I don't want to get another tank sick. 
Scott

PaulineMi

I hope she pulls through okay for you.  She's so pretty.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

b125killer

Thanks She is pretty that's why I'm trying to help her. If she gets better I'll take another pic of here when her color are better.
Scott

b125killer

She didn't make it. :(  I'm still not to sure what she got or where she pick it up from. I did change the substrate in that tank. I wounder if that stressed her out. So far the other angels that where in the tank with her look good.
Scott

PaulineMi

Awwww....sorry to hear that you lost her.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

That's too bad, Scott.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

Thank's I kind of knew she wouldn't make it. I haven't had much luck nursing sickly fish back to health. Most of the time I just put them out of there misery. I just liked her color and fins. I do have two more that look almost identical as that one. 
Scott

BallAquatics

Diagnosis of fish ailments is a sticky wicket.  Most of the vets I have heard talk about the subject say it's all but impossible to look at a fish and come up with the correct treatment.  The exceptions being the most common of problems ICH, Velvet, etc.

Sorry for your loss.

Dennis