• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 01:06:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 173
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 169
Total: 169

Need help with

Started by P4Angels, March 05, 2013, 09:49:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P4Angels

Got a call from a Local fish store owner to come check out these new angels he got in.  So I went down to take a look.  He called them Rainbow A/F.  I got there and told him they where silvers, but now I need another opinion:

"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

Mugwump

Reminds me of a Silver, or a gold, raised in a bare bottom tank with a lot of light. The colors grow faint, if it's a Silver  you could put this angel in a darker bottom/background tank and the bars would express over time....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

Could there bars be faded from stress? when it was feeding time my silvers bars where as black as night. I do miss her :(
Scott

PaulineMi

Jon is right on the money.  A few years ago I bought a pretty soft orchid/creamy colored veil angel from the LFS.  I told the employee I wanted a light colored angel to put in my dark tank. The tank has plants, black background and substrate.

I got home, put the angel in the tank (empty but for an old clown pleco and two ancient brochis splendens) and the next morning I had a lovely silver angelfish in the tank!
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

P4Angels

The breeder was going to charge more for these and later admitted that they where silvers. what some people do?
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

BallAquatics

You really have to be careful who you purchase fish from.  I ordered some Devario shanensis from a seller, a rather well known guy who sometimes writes the Import Report for TFH.  You would think this guy knows his fish right, after all he is writing a column about importing fish.

Long story short, I get Danio roseus, a fish much more common in the trade.  After a bit of argument I get a half credit for my fish.  Used that on my next and last order from this bozo.....

Dennis

BillT

QuoteI ordered some Devario shanensis from a seller, a rather well known guy who sometimes writes the Import Report for TFH.  You would think this guy knows his fish right, after all he is writing a column about importing fish.

Small (fish) world. I think I probably got the same fish from a different source, a local petstore.

I think what happens is these fish are somewhat obscure and come into the country with a name attached and the whole thing is just passed on down the commercial chain. It seems to be pretty common with Danios and their relatives, probably because few people really feel real confident about IDing danios and there are a whole lot of new ones.

Since I saw them in the store before I bought them I was not too bothered about getting something named incorrectly. In addition, I did not already have D. roseus.
Besides being called D. Shanensis, these were also called "blue danio", a name used for at least two other species and not one that made much sense to me for shanensis.

Bonus, I think they will could be bred pretty soon.