• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 23, 2024, 08:35:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,309
  • Total Topics: 18,528
  • Online today: 106
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 97
Total: 97

40+ gal pond....

Started by Mugwump, April 15, 2016, 07:46:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

we're seriously contemplating erecting an above ground, but scaped around the outside pond.....just a simple setup for only dedicated type of guppy?....or something?

...likely a sand bottom, or very light colored gravel, to make viewing easier too....possibly some BN, L144LF..?? too

any suggestions??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ghonk

Yeah a UV,either that or pick up some ham to go in that pea soup.  :)

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on April 15, 2016, 08:05:42 PM
Yeah a UV,either that or pick up some ham to go in that pea soup.  :)

...thought of that too....but glad you brought it up....indeed, it's a must.... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ghonk

If it was my pond,and i was doing guppies i would stock it with ATFG fish.Obviously one type so they will breed TRUER.
They are Thai imports so they aren't cheap,but would be much easier to sell   and at a decent  price.
This  is ASSUMING  you wanted to sell the offspring at the end of the season.
I would also go with one of their NEWER  strains,one that haven't been imported as much so are less common in the market.

I worked in a shop that had guppies set up outside, in two 300 gallon stock tanks,they got HUGE,the original females were the largest i have ever seen. 

Rjb3

When I experimented with Enders, warmer water grew huge females and colder water grew more males.