• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu

Waiting on Blackworms

Started by wsantia1, March 31, 2016, 12:28:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

I have a local source for live Blackworms. Waiting on a pound to be delivered by UPS. I could have driven there (70 miles) and picked them up but shipping was only 15 dollars overnight. mim
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Lucky man to have them so close!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on March 31, 2016, 12:28:39 PM
I have a local source for live Blackworms. Waiting on a pound to be delivered by UPS. I could have driven there (70 miles) and picked them up but shipping was only 15 dollars overnight. mim

|^| |^| |^| |^| |^|....very nice ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

You are very lucky.  I tried being a wholesaler once but there simply wasn't the market for them down here.  Where does your guys get his, do you know?  There are only two farms that grow them.  Both are in California.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 01, 2016, 01:55:07 PM
You are very lucky.  I tried being a wholesaler once but there simply wasn't the market for them down here.  Where does your guys get his, do you know?  There are only two farms that grow them.  Both are in California.

Somebody told me he got the from CBW but CBW told me that they did not have any available and that they would contact me as soon as they became available. huh He charges the same amount that they do including overnight shipping and has wholesale pricing for those that buy in bulk.

http://shop.easternaquatics.com/Live-Black-Worms-1.htm
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Rjb3

Did you ever try white worms?

LizStreithorst

White worms are good but they are for very small fish and baby fish.  You can feed live black worms to young fish that are too small to eat the whole worm...they just pick at them until they're all gone.  You can feed them to adult Discus, too.  IMHO live Blackworms are the best live food available, though given the choice Discus will go after Mosquito larvae first.  Black worms wiggle, but mosquito Larvae twitch.  I don't know the nutrition value of the skeeter larvae as compared to Blackworms, though.
Always move forward. Never look back.